Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Matrix Perception
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
wind_in_the_stones
If I'm in a node, and a fail to properly analyze, that means I can't see a particular thingy. Let's say the thingy is IC. The IC passes its test and can see me. I cannot see it. If it attacks me, can I then see it? I know I'm under attack, but do my tools allow me to sic some code on it?

Let's say I'm in combat with it. Does my companion (hacker, sprite, agent, whatever) have to successfully analyze the node in order to take action against it?
WyldKnight
If I remember correctly you can still see the objects you just don't know what they are because the layout of the node has each item as a different object and you don't know what each object exactly means yet. Once you access it or in the case of a agent or spider it attacks you then you do know what it was and can act accordingly.
hobgoblin
consider analyze the equivalent of "observe in detail". or popping the hood of a car to check every fuse, wire and valve.

or perhaps something like right-clicking on a icon in windows and selecting properties to have a look at the various details about whatever that icon represents.
wind_in_the_stones
QUOTE (WyldKnight @ Aug 29 2010, 08:44 PM) *
If I remember correctly you can still see the objects you just don't know what they are because the layout of the node has each item as a different object and you don't know what each object exactly means yet. Once you access it or in the case of a agent or spider it attacks you then you do know what it was and can act accordingly.

That makes sense. Thanks!
WyldKnight
No issue, it's a pleasure
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012