Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wile you were out, some a-holes stole your body. Sorry about that.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Badmoodguy88
Unlike astral projection, a metaplanar visitor can maintain
his metaplanar form indefinitely (unless he is in the deep
metaplanes, see below); the traveler’s body simply remains in
a coma-like state until he returns. Time within a metaplane
is subjective, however, so what may feel like weeks in a metaplane
make only take a few minutes of real world time (and
vice versa).

Say you are a mage and someone stole your body. Assuming they don't take it to the organlegger, or use it for an inhabitation spirit. It seems like your best bet would probably be to go to the metaplanes and hope some friends find your body for you. Especially if the astral tracking attempt to find your body was unsuccessful and you are running out of time before you would disperse.

I thought of this because of that thread about trying to steal a dragons body for inhabitation. It would not be safe to assume that the dragon is dead after its magic in hours has passed. A dragon probably would do this.
While both aspects of the magician are connected, they do exist
independently while projecting. If the magician’s physical body dies, the
astral body continues to project on the astral plane for a number of
hours equal to her Magic attribute x 2 before fading into nothingness.
Should the astral body die, the physical body falls irretrievably into a
deep coma since it has no mind and no spirit. If the body is placed on
life support, it can live its full lifespan; if not, it will die of thirst within
a week (or sooner if organ harvesters or enemies get hold of it).
If the magician’s physical body is moved while she is out, she will
not feel anything. When she attempts to return to her body, however,
she will discover it gone. The magician must attempt to find her body
before her allowed astral projection time runs out, or she will die. See
Astral Tracking for more information.

It also seem possible but unlikely that a mage who has had his body destroyed could hang out on the metaplanes indefinitely and just never go back to the real world. That would probably involve retiring the PC but it is still the option many would chose.
Summerstorm
Hm... good idea... BUT:

(And i am going per memory here - have to check it later)
Don't you have to have a singular "purpose" to visit the planes? I don't think you can just "live there" as you do not belong there. (Similar to spirits needing to be either invited (summoned) to our plane or anchoring themselves here.) So maybe you will need a metamagic technique to anchor yourself there. (Or some kind of inverse spirit pact?)

Overall i think there is some unwritten rule to just "go there and hanging out". Maybe you could make it a extended metaquest... but then you are in danger all the time of failing something or being hurt - and you cannot come back)

Well, overall there is always this:
Stunbolt yourself on the astral plane and hope you awake in your own body (In about 1-2 hours... wherever your body is *g*)
Badmoodguy88
Don't you have to have a singular "purpose" to visit the planes?

"Gully Foyle is my name and Terra is my nation. Deep space is my dwelling place and death's my destination,"
Well, overall there is always this:
Stunbolt yourself on the astral plane and hope you awake in your own body (In about 1-2 hours... wherever your body is *g*)

Funky work around but I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012