Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: weird, somewhat sad and very cyberpunk
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2010/...girlfriend.html

Makes one really wonder where japan is headed with a aging population alongside a bunch of men having virtual girlfriends.

Btw, there is a bit of fluff to this effect in SR4's gear section iirc.
Badmoodguy88
This sounded way more creepy than it is. You don't want to know what I thought this was.

This is just like going somewhere to take a picture with AR Mega Man but it is some girl from a dating sim.
suoq
I want to give someone +5 BP for having an AR girlfriend. That opens up so much RP fun.
CanRay
"They kidnapped Vickie!" "Virtual Vickie, your fake girlfriend." "SHE'S REAL DAMNIT!"
Prime Mover
Vicky's kidnapping didn't go so well, but we were able to insert the code into the pillow talk sub routines. devil.gif
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Sep 2 2010, 10:22 AM) *
Vicky's kidnapping didn't go so well, but we were able to insert the code into the pillow talk sub routines. devil.gif

"Oh Vickie is still pretty shaken up by the kidnapping. She isn't quite the same. I think she has PTSD."
Doc Chase
Just wait until she calls wanting to talk in the middle of a run.
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Sep 2 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Just wait until she calls wanting to talk in the middle of a run.

"You always say you're busy. You don't talk to me about your feelings anymore. Is that gunfire I hear? Don't shush me! You know what, you're not getting any tonight!"
Doc Chase
QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 2 2010, 02:31 PM) *
"You always say you're busy. You don't talk to me about your feelings anymore. Is that gunfire I hear? Don't shush me! You know what, you're not getting any tonight!"

"I don't care if you're in <pause> Room 2072 of the Arcology Community and Housing Enclave, you said you would be home at 8 and it is 8:05, mister!

"And what is <pause> Devon Johnson doing there? You said you don't hang out with him any more! Why are you lying to me? <electronic sob>

"You can just take your <pause> Ares Predator and sleep on the couch!"
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Badmoodguy88 @ Sep 2 2010, 01:51 PM) *
This sounded way more creepy than it is. You don't want to know what I thought this was.

Would it happen to involve "real doll"?

Sometimes i wonder why people worry so much about 4chan, as they just aggregate what is already out there.
Inpu
I'd think it would be funny if the AR girlfriend eventually became an AI.
CanRay
Only problem with that is that AIs work off of logic, and girlfriends...

And I wonder why I'm single. nyahnyah.gif
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Inpu @ Sep 2 2010, 07:35 PM) *
I'd think it would be funny if the AR girlfriend eventually became an AI.

DO NOT BREAK UP WITH THIS PROGRAM
sabs
Dave
What are you doing, Dave?
Dave

Yeah.. the Virtual Reality GF that turns into an AI.. that.. would be classic
CanRay
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Sep 2 2010, 01:44 PM) *
DO NOT BREAK UP WITH THIS PROGRAM

"Clingy AI Girlfriend: 30 BP". I love it!
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 2 2010, 07:48 PM) *

I'm more afraid of "Vindictive AI Girlfriend: 30 BP". nyahnyah.gif

Take the original Blues Brothers movie, remove Carrie Fischer, and insert the Terminator in her place. This is the scenario I'm envisioning.
CanRay

You mean she wasn't a Terminator?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 2 2010, 08:42 PM) *
Only problem with that is that AIs work off of logic, and girlfriends...

And I wonder why I'm single. nyahnyah.gif

There is always Bayesian math and fuzzy logic...
Doc Chase
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 2 2010, 07:59 PM) *

You mean she wasn't a Terminator?

No that was Linda Hamilton. wink.gif

I just have this apocalyptic vision of the AIGF taking over the rigger's Samurai and just going to town going after the hapless schlub.

God, imagine if it was the Face's personal assistant agent and it emerged with a crush on him.
Wounded Ronin
Metal Gear Solid 2 was way ahead of the curve on this one.

"Do you know what day tomorrow is, Jack?"
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 2 2010, 02:48 PM) *

"I'm sorry Dave, Jack is busy and can't go on a run with you today"
"No Dave, I can't give him a message, this is our time to be alone together."
"No Dave, not even if its an emergency, you are bleeding and he is the only one with a Doc contact."
"Yes Dave, I know bleeding hurts. 79% of the simsense files I have obtained of people being shot have high pain indexes. There is a 81% likelyhood that you will bleed out before help arrives and no longer be able to break up our date night."
"No Dave, I won't give control of your comlink back to you."
"No Dave, Docwagon isn't coming. I have spoofed your matrix address so you biomonitor is giving a false location."
Doc Chase
QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 2 2010, 07:39 PM) *
"No Dave, Docwagon isn't coming. I have spoofed your matrix address so you biomonitor is giving a false location."

"Dave, do you remember when you told Jack dating a 'piece of insubstantial poon' was a bad idea? I was listening, Dave."
TommyTwoToes
Oh and when your hacker friend tries to fix the problem for you, I would have Vickie burn edge to stay free-willed. Of course she might get turned into Victor - your AI boyfriend, but thats just funny.
Inpu
"Dave, were you 'checking out' that young woman? Do I need to find her SIN, Dave?"
Faraday
An AI girlfriend would be pretty scary, but potentially awesome considering what simsense can do. Especially nice if the AI is... creative.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Faraday @ Sep 2 2010, 03:32 PM) *
An AI girlfriend would be pretty scary, but potentially awesome considering what simsense can do. Especially nice if the AI is... creative.

The possibilities should give you nightmares.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012