Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Captain Chaos' Matrix Icon
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Askani'son
Hey Folks,

The question's in the topic title! I was wondering did the good Cap ever make use of a particular matrix icon during his time as Shadowland sysop? I've just introduced Shadowland into my campaign and have been looking for descriptions of the icons he and some of the major posters made regular use of. Any ideas?

Cheers!
Badmoodguy88
The name sounds like a super hero so I always sort of had this picture of something like Duke Nukem mixed with Zapp Brannigan but in a non-lame way. If there was an official answer I assume someone would have given one by now.
Mooncrow
I don't remember offhand any direct reference to Cap's icon(s). I'll do some flipping though, and see if I can find anything.
Askani'son
Thanks guys! I'll be looking forward to seeing if you can track anything down, Mooncrow, haven't been able to spot anything myself - had expected to find something in the personalities section of Target Matrix, but no joy!
Snow_Fox
QUOTE (Badmoodguy88 @ Sep 5 2010, 11:54 PM) *
The name sounds like a super hero so I always sort of had this picture of something like Duke Nukem mixed with Zapp Brannigan but in a non-lame way. If there was an official answer I assume someone would have given one by now.

yeah that's what I thought of.
JM Hardy
I did a cursory, non-detailed look for just that recently and didn't come up with anything. If a detailed look reveals anything, I'll let you know!

Jason H.
Mooncrow
I did a pretty thorough read-through of all my sourcebooks looking for Cap's icon. He's almost never mentioned in the fiction, outside of System Failure, and there's no description of him in that.

I do seem to have a memory of a short piece of fiction detailing someone's first entry into Shadowland, but I can't seem to find it. Honestly, I don't remember if Cap was in that one, but it's the only place I can think of left to try.
Azrael
I always had more of a pirate crossed with chaotic world image in my head. But thats just me.
Askani'son
I'm coming up blank too, though I'm not familiar with that piece of fiction hat you were referring to Mooncrow! Funny that noone's pinned this one down before, I mean, Captain Chaos is pretty omnipresent throughout all of 2nd and 3rd Ed! I guess there's always Cannonball Run's Captain Chaos? biggrin.gif
Kumo
It may be just my imagination, but I remember that somewhere(?) was mentioned that CC's icon is a levitating Buddha(???)
Or maybe I have a really weird imagination...
Catadmin
QUOTE (Kumo @ Sep 7 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Or maybe I have a really weird imagination...

You play Shadowrun. How can you NOT have a weird imagination?

@=)
Angelone
QUOTE (Mooncrow @ Sep 6 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I did a pretty thorough read-through of all my sourcebooks looking for Cap's icon. He's almost never mentioned in the fiction, outside of System Failure, and there's no description of him in that.

I do seem to have a memory of a short piece of fiction detailing someone's first entry into Shadowland, but I can't seem to find it. Honestly, I don't remember if Cap was in that one, but it's the only place I can think of left to try.

Wasn't he described in the first Stripper novel? I seem to remember him being in that one with Dodger. Or am I thinking of Fastjack?
Also doesn't he send some newb to the Denver data haven and then has to put the smackdown on Priest (Bishop or something like that)? Wow, I need to do alot of rereading all the lore is starting to blur.

EDIT- The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is Fastjack. The description I seem to remember is an incredibly realistic man in a suit that vibrates real fast.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Angelone @ Sep 7 2010, 01:30 PM) *
Wasn't he described in the first Stripper novel? I seem to remember him being in that one with Dodger. Or am I thinking of Fastjack?
Also doesn't he send some newb to the Denver data haven and then has to put the smackdown on Priest (Bishop or something like that)? Wow, I need to do alot of rereading all the lore is starting to blur.

EDIT- The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it is Fastjack. The description I seem to remember is an incredibly realistic man in a suit that vibrates real fast.

That's FastJack.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Sep 7 2010, 11:40 PM) *
That's FastJack.

At least the most common variant. I have the impression that Fastjack changes looks to fit the job or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012