Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Counterspelling
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LukeZ
If a Magician activates Counterspell on an ally (as a free action) and then an enemy cast a spell against the Magician, does the Magician get the Counterspell dice? Or his dice are "moved" to the ally?
Doc Chase
The mage still gets his Counterspelling.
Neraph
He is able to add his full Counterspelling to a number of people equal to his Magic (IIRC), but they all have to maintain LoS to the mage. He is also always considered using Counterspelling on himself.

I believe this is answered in the FAQ, although for some reason (or many reasons, whatever) people here on the forums don't like the FAQ.
jimbo
I personally have never seen a limit to the # of protected people for Counterspelling being set at any particular stat, just LOS, but I'm pretty sure there is a statement about "within reason" or "GM's discretion"...
pbangarth
QUOTE (jimbo @ Sep 11 2010, 08:01 PM) *
I personally have never seen a limit to the # of protected people for Counterspelling being set at any particular stat, just LOS, but I'm pretty sure there is a statement about "within reason" or "GM's discretion"...

It's in the FAQ, under "Counterspelling".
KarmaInferno
"I'm delaying casting the mega-area spell til I see the enemy mage look off to the side or down at his gear or stuff."

smile.gif

LukeZ, yes the mage gets his counterspelling dice (as others before ma have said). Here is what I like to do to make it easier and faster (it is what is done in the example, though not the explanation):

When the mage uses counterspelling, have him declare who is protected other than himself. Then have him roll his counterspelling die pool, from which he counts all of the hits. These hits are the protection that everyone he is protecting gets, equally - no individual rolls. It really does make it faster. Yes, he can use his Edge to boost up everyones magical protection at the same time, not a game breaker as far as I am concerned.
Makki
but you're much much more likely to glitch when rolling will 3 and counterspelling 2 seperately than rolling 5 dice...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012