Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two Weapon Style Maneuver
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LukeZ
Just to be sure... if you have the Two Weapon Style Maneuver and are fighting with 2 swords, when defending you get your full defense parry bonus (Melee + Dodge + Raction) and when attacking you get your attack bonus (Melee + Agility), without dice penalties or splitting.
Is it right?
Mäx
QUOTE (LukeZ @ Sep 10 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Just to be sure... if you have the Two Weapon Style Maneuver and are fighting with 2 swords, when defending you get your full defense parry bonus (Melee + Dodge + Raction) and when attacking you get your attack bonus (Melee + Agility), without dice penalties or splitting.
Is it right?

Thats correct, well i guess technically you have to declare your going on full defence, but i would assume most GM:s fill accept that your always on full-defence with the other weapon, unless you state otherwise.
Medicineman
What If You're playing a Nartaki with 4 Swords (f.e.) ?

He who dances like Shiva (in that old Sinbad Movie biggrin.gif )
Medicineman
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 10 2010, 03:13 PM) *
What If You're playing a Nartaki with 4 Swords (f.e.) ?

He who dances like Shiva (in that old Sinbad Movie biggrin.gif )
Medicineman

Then we shoot you in the head with a flamethrower, DIE inhuman scum!

I mean, then you could take the full defense action 3 times?
Yerameyahu
Which doesn't stack, so nothing happens. smile.gif There really aren't crazy rules for extra hands; basically, you get to carry more items in the Ready position, and that's it. You can make extra simultaneous attacks as normal, with the big penalties. :/
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 10 2010, 03:34 PM) *
Which doesn't stack, so nothing happens. smile.gif There really aren't crazy rules for extra hands; basically, you get to carry more items in the Ready position, and that's it. You can make extra simultaneous attacks as normal, with the big penalties. :/

Which is exactly the way it should be.
Yerameyahu
Don't forget that all hands except one are Off Hand (-2); you can take Ambidexterity once *per extra hand* to fix that. Bleh!
Medicineman
Ambidexterity is no prerequisite for the MA Maneuver wink.gif
I Think If You have 4 Arms and 4 Blades and the MA Maneuver you could make 2 Full Parrys(vs two different Opponents) and 1 Attack or 2 Attacks if you split the Pool

JahtaHey
Medicineman
Yerameyahu
I'd happily apply the Off-Hand penalty to a parry using an Off Hand, though. Can't you already use that Full Parry against multiple opponents, though?
Medicineman
Yes,but IIRC only with a split pool .A Nartaki using two Arms could parry 2 Enemies
and attack two Enemies (with the split pool rules) with his other two Arms

He who dances with 2 left Feet
Medicineman
Yerameyahu
Oh, I dig. I must be confusing Full Parry with Full Dodge; you can Full Dodge any number of attacks (subject to penalties), AFAIK?
Combat Mage
Hm I always thought you can full parry an unlimited number of times just like dodge. With the stacking -1 for each subsequent attack of course. I'm too lazy to look it up right now though. smile.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Combat Mage @ Sep 10 2010, 05:59 PM) *
Hm I always thought you can full parry an unlimited number of times just like dodge. With the stacking -1 for each subsequent attack of course. I'm too lazy to look it up right now though. smile.gif

You can fully parry an unlimited number of times just like dodge.

What you could do is get the MA maneuver that basically gives you ambidexterous with a particular weapon, thus allowing you to not suffer any off hand penalties. Then you can use that other two weapon fighting maneuver to allow you to get a bonus for attacking with multiple weapons instead of splitting the pool for multiple attacks. You do that with three weapons and go full parry with the fourth.

Or you get a bunch of personalized grip weapon foci which you are specialized in, and then get three attacks with good DPs, and still do a full parry.

Oh, and add in Arnes de Mano damage with disarm, and the disarm maneuver so you can take a -4 to your fully parry to disarm if you win the roll, which then causes damage nyahnyah.gif

Holy melee batman!
Saint Sithney
It is worth mentioning that you can only use Two Weapon Style with a reach 1 or less weapon, so no combining this with the monowhip.
That is where you were going with this, yes?

Oh, also, full parry allows for Melee + Melee + Reaction.

Dodge is not necessary, unless you're dealing with a vehicle I guess. Otherwise you'll get more play out of the combination of Melee skill for CC and and Gymnastics dodge for ranged.
Medicineman
[pointing with finger to my Nose] You mean Me ?
smile.gif
No I wasn't.
I've got two different Chars (25 to be correct)
one is a Nartaki Elf ,close Combatant with Swords ,Pistols and SMGs
the other is a very dextrous Elfen Assasin with 2 Fingercompartments and 2 Monofilament Whips

But thats an intriguing Idea.....
A Nartaki (wether Elf or Human doesn't matter) with 4 Mono-Whips..... Hmmmm[scratching thoughtfully my Beard]
are there any "Reach-One-Monowhips" ?

with a thoughtfull Dance
Medicineman
Makki
buy two and cut them in half. however the cutting tool will look like
Karoline
QUOTE (Makki @ Sep 11 2010, 03:46 AM) *
buy two and cut them in half. however the cutting tool will look like

Likely a monofilament knife or something similar. Kind of how they use diamonds to cut diamonds.

Actually I'll retract that, I'd bet they have to use lasers, though water might be a possibility, as would melting to break it, via a blow torch or other heat source.

May also be able to just not have them extend entirely, so you have the option of the full reach if you really want it.

Personally I always thought that limit on the maneuver was kind of stupid.
Mäx
QUOTE (Karoline @ Sep 11 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Personally I always thought that limit on the maneuver was kind of stupid.

Yeah, becouse it's easy to parry your enemies attacks with a Claymore, while at the sam time attacking them with a Nodachi wink.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 11 2010, 07:40 AM) *
Yeah, becouse it's easy to parry your enemies attacks with a Claymore, while at the sam time attacking them with a Nodachi wink.gif

Good luck holding either in one hand unless you're a troll, in which case I don't see a problem.
Udoshi
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Sep 10 2010, 09:01 PM) *
Dodge is not necessary, unless you're dealing with a vehicle I guess. Otherwise you'll get more play out of the combination of Melee skill for CC and and Gymnastics dodge for ranged.

While full parry IS nice, using regulary Parry and either Dodge/Gymdodge for full defense works out better in general - you can't full parry bullets.

Sure, and adept with an improved weapon skill of 9 adds 20 dice(spec is 2, remember?) to their full parry pool, it doesn't work against bullet. A character with a weapon skill and dodge/gymnastics at 7 each, (via, say, a reflex recorder) adds 18 dice to the defense test. (14 each, and 2 specializations)
Neraph
Don't forget you're getting a +1 Dicepool for parrying with 2 weapons.

@ Nartaki: Why not dual-wield two two-handed weapons? You get better reach out of it.
Yerameyahu
Only if you *are* parrying with two weapons. If you're parrying with one and attacking with the other, no dice. smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Sep 11 2010, 05:57 PM) *
While full parry IS nice, using regulary Parry and either Dodge/Gymdodge for full defense works out better in general - you can't full parry bullets.

I have a feeling you didn't understand a single word of the post you quoted.
Becouse that post said that you don't need the dodge skill as full parry allows you to use a melee weapon skill instead and gymnastic can be used for ranged full dodge. cool.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Sep 11 2010, 07:57 AM) *

Unless you are a Jedi, Of course... smokin.gif
Yerameyahu
And you're not.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 11 2010, 09:37 AM) *
And you're not.

Sad but True... But one could always Dream... wobble.gif
Saint Sithney
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 11 2010, 01:04 AM) *
[pointing with finger to my Nose] You mean Me ?

Oh, no. Not you, but LukeZ.

He started two threads about the same time, one asking about one-handed Monowhip use and one about Two-Handed Weapon style.

Since the Monowhip is the only melee weapon with a range of 2 and one handed operation, it's the only one that might run into this rule issue. (Maybe the kurisigama too?)

A skilled user should be able to get them going such that they wouldn't interfere with each other, but keeping them from interfering with each other as you strike out is a troublesome idea. Monowhips are a pretty unique thing to begin with. I don't see the idea of parrying with a Monowhip as anything more than an area denial technique. I mean, you don't deflect with a whip..

The monowhip is the Yamaha Sukura Fabuki of the melee world.
It tries to fit within the rules, but really needs rules all to itself.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 11 2010, 12:37 PM) *
And you're not.

But what if I am?

It's a Magical Tradition!

grinbig.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012