Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Melee Dodge Specialty
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Rand
As the title says: Do the specialty dice you get from Dodge (Spec: Melee +2) double when going full defense?
Tanegar
No. Specializations are a dice pool modifier, not a skill modifier. Your melee dodge pool would be Reaction + Dodge + Dodge + 2, not Reaction + Dodge + Dodge +4.
Dumori
If you brought the adept power or reflex recorder for dodge then it would double as they are skill modifiers and the only ones IIRC.
Rand
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Sep 12 2010, 08:25 AM) *
No. Specializations are a dice pool modifier, not a skill modifier. Your melee dodge pool would be Reaction + Dodge + Dodge + 2, not Reaction + Dodge + Dodge +4.

Cool, that's how I thought - and how I ran it.
Glyph
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 12 2010, 07:51 AM) *
If you brought the adept power or reflex recorder for dodge then it would double as they are skill modifiers and the only ones IIRC.

Also move-by-wire.
Dumori
QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 12 2010, 06:13 PM) *
Also move-by-wire.

Oh yes that dodge only IDK how that slipped my mind.
Rand
Yikes! Move-by-Wire is nasty! Nasty Awesome!
Tanegar
Yes, delta-grade (or at least beta) MBW 3 is pretty much the long-term goal of any cyber-sam. +2 Reaction, +1 Dodge, and +1 IP per level, plus skillwire functionality is very sweet.
CeeJay
I usually take the "ranged combat" dodge specialization, because it's usually easier to defend against melee attacks in the first place due to the larger dicepools (Reaction + Skill + Dodge for melee vs. Reaction + Dodge for ranged defense). So I tend to value +2 dice to ranged defense higher than +2 dice to melee defense. At least that's my experience...

-CJ
Dakka Dakka
Don't forget that you only roll Dodge vs Ranged attacks if you go on Full Defense and thus lose your actions. I always found the ranges Specialization less than optimal, but I usually don't bother with the skill anyway. Gymnastics does the trick as well and is in the Athletics group which is good to have anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012