Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: IC: Puyallups IV
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:53; Acme Industrial Cleaners, Tacoma District
Jake

The cleaning was slow and tedious but still required Jake's constant attention to insure it was done properly, at least until the floor supervisor pointed out that their insurance prohibited customers from being on the floor. Once the crew completed, he then made a complete list of all deficiencies to be addressed. Once that was complete, Jake was on his way. He did notice that the customary, "Please come again" was missing.

A time check gives him just about three hours to the meet.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:53; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District
Jazz

The last hour had given Jazz a little time to relax for the first time since arriving in Seattle. The daily rain shower was getting really annoying compared to Atlanta, but the soycaf seemed a little higher quality. A standard check of the news out of Auburn has only one tidbit of news: A troll connected with the incident somehow disappeared from Puyallup General Hospital. The various jokes ensue about how Knight Errant could loose a troll.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:56
<<@Team [Kilroy] Update on Rex. He is out of the hospital, but he's in no shape for a run. I am pulling together a few more resources. I will update you when I have details.>>
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:56; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District
Jazz; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Datajack]; SIN = Zoë Hunter (not broadcast)

<< [Jazz] Good to hear. At least he made it out and apparantly got rid of his KE shadows. As for the 'resources', someone reliable with magical expertise would be great. >>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:56; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

<<@Jazz [Kilroy] I've located several runners. I am checking into their background a bit. I hope to have at least one online in time for the meet... if not fashionably late.>>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:05; Raven's Nest, Puyallup District

<<@Revan[Kilroy] Little Raven - Got a job that I'm assembling a few resources for. 19:00 at the roller-ball rink in Tacoma. I'm uploading a ticket now. [- AR upload in progress..... AR objects received. Confirmed no malware attached -] You seat is just below her box. Take your seat early then at 19:10, head up to her box with the rest of the team. The team driver is Jake. The code-slinger and negotiator is Jazz. Raven said you were available. Any questions?>>

Kilroy is a local fixer that you know through Raven. You don't really know him well and are surprised that he called you for a job; Must have been a recommendation from Raven.
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:05; Raven's Nest, Puyallup District
Revan;PAN=Passive[LTG] SIN Nick Yamamoto

Nick was working at Ravens Shop again helping in what ever way he could also picking up a few items for the Doctor at The crpyt in Pullyallups. They always needed some of the most basic supplies. Nick was just finishing up putting different summoning materials away when his Com vibrated in inside is leather jacket, the Message was from Killroy a Johnson he had just recently met through Raven. Killroy had a reputation in the shadows for being very busy recently. from what Nick had heard from various channels anyways. Nick didn't care what the johnson was up to as long as it didn't kill any innocents and the Nuyen was decent he was happy. News had also mentioned that Nick might be able to find out some more information on his parents through working with Killroy so Nick was very excited to start networking his way through all the contacts that might become available. He accepted the AR ticket for a Roller-Ball Ticket. Nick wasn't much a fan of sports he enjoyed learning more about his talents and teaching others how to use them instead of bashing someone's head with stick trying to score with a tiny rubber ball. He was looking forward to the job besides everything else though he had been static and running low on Nuyen. with just under three hours to get to the meet and early he had just enough time to drop off the supplies and change before the meet. Once he was done with his errands he would take a cab to the meet. Nick went to Raven and gave him a huge"I have to go i have a meeting Raven, I will be back in a few days to check on things again. Make sure you check your wards before leaving tonight ok." Nick gave the native american who raised him most his life another embrace knowing he didn't like Nick going to meetings/run meetings. Raven held him for a moment then spoke in sioux something Nick didn't catch and picked up his supplies and walked out of the shop while sending a response to Killroy.

<@killroy[Revan] "Thank you for the Invitation Killroyson. Questions i am sure will be answered when after I arrive.">
kvasac

Entering the van Jake takes several moments to survey the damage done. The van is a need of repair and one of his drones was lost. He has also dislodged a lot of ammo. He quickly checks his bank account and looks up the matrix for shops to resupply himself before the meeting.
Redjack
Jake

Jake's balance flashed up: 8,200 nuyen.gif The last few runs had been good to him and he is quite the miser.
A quick scan of his contact list brings up two names: Bumper for the repairs to the van. A quick run down to Loveland will be required to get to Bumper's shop. Given the time, a call will be required to schedule something after hours. Zeek on the other hand is usually available about anytime. His sleep regulator being a benefit to his customers in that regard. The ammo would be best to procure via Kilroy in order to assure that any registration markers are cleansed. As far as pricing, the doberman will cost around 5k nuyen.gif , not including the firewall upgrade (another 3k).
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:05; The Matrix
Jake & Jazz

<<@Team [Kilroy] First team member is locked in. A dwarven spell-slinger called Revan [- Contact ARO attached. Confirmed no malware within. -] have a couple others I'm looking into.>>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:05; Ichigo's Greenhouse, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit

Kit sat in the middle of the tiny garden, breathing in the fragance of Mount Hood daffodils blooming nearby. Ichigo's garden is known for two things: year round blooming flowers and his namesake: strawberries. She sighs as she looks around and sees the short limits to the ends of the garden, constrained by the walls of the small greenhouse; It is so small compared with Soba's garden. A deep breath later, however, and her chi was centered again. The garden is maginificent for Seattle and the kami are especially active here.

Six weeks ago, the very day she arrived in Seattle, the kami had led her to Ichigo. Since then, a friendship has quickly evolved to the point where Kit freely comes and goes from the garden. The neighborhood where the greenhouse is located is deep in the Puyallup Barrens, surrounded by squaller and decay. Ichigo has some agreement with the local thugs who control the neighborhood. This extends to Kit in so far as she comes and goes quietly.

Her departure from the eastern UCAS is a blur. As a graduate student, she has made a number of contacts over the years. Her departure however burned pretty much all of those connections. Using connection to connection of a connection, she had been given the name Raven in Seattle. He had assisted in getting her into Seattle and creating a false trail toward Aztlan. Once here, he had connected her with Kilroy. Kilroy in turn had begun to find work for her and help her to acquire identification & gear.

Now, here in this garden, she finds the tranquility of her meditation broken by an incoming call.
<<@Kit [Kilroy] I have a job I'm rounding out a team for. Looking like it is right up your alley. Little Raven is already onboard.>>

Kilroy always referred to Revan as Little Raven, probably due to the former being the god-son of the latter.
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:05; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

Still about three hours... enough time to check some sites for a new home...

Jazz spends the afternoon browsing residental advertisement sites to figure out a decent place to rent in the near future, as well as some short-term residences for the next couple days. For now the hotels were alright, but eventually she had to move on.
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:07; Ichigo's Greenhouse, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Nanotrodes]; SIN = Kim Lee (not broadcast)
She took a deep cleansing breath.

Stay centered. Little Raven knows his stuff. He has more direct options then I do, which I admit is a pretty low bar to get over. He'd watch my back for Ravensan sake or least for Raven's investment if nothing else.
Finally need the cred so let's stop making this more difficult than it is.
And it is hardly like I could let the godson of Ravensan go on a run when it is "up my alley" and I've the chance to be at his back.

<<@Kilroy [Kit] Good to hear.>>
Kit bit off the Kilroysan. New life. Have to stop thinking in Japanese.
<<When and where?>>

Kit had about 3 hours. Not enough time enough to beg a kami to aid her long term.
kvasac
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:59; Acme Industrial Cleaners, Tacoma District

Jake scowls when he finally calculates all the expenses. He was hoping to get something better then dobermann but now his plans have been put to halt. He could buy a new one, sure, but te question is how much it would last without proper firewall. And installing it required him to forego the van repair... He looks up the pricing of other drones available from Zeek. Perhaps he could cut some good deal.
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 15:59; Acme Industrial Cleaners, Tacoma District
Jake

Jake knew a couple of calls he could make, favors he could call in, good karma he could burn. Some days there were no good choices. Kilroy had mentioned coming in possession of a Lynx. The drone was big. Too big to fit in back of the van, but also able to take much more of a beating than the dobermans. And rumor had it Kilroy also had access to the upgrades that would make that Lynx just what Dr Jake ordered.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:07; Ichigo's Greenhouse, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit

<<@Kit [Kilroy] 19:00 at the roller-ball rink in Tacoma. I'm uploading a ticket now. [- AR upload in progress..... ARO received. Confirmed no malware attached -] You seat is just below her box. Take your seat early, then at 19:10 head up to her box with the rest of the team. The team driver is Jake. The code-slinger and negotiator is Jazz. You already know Revan.>>

Kit looked over at her bundle of binding materials as she set the alarm on her com, she realized she had less than three hours till the meet and she really didn't know where the hell the meet even was. A quick scan of the map left her with another issue.. How the hell was she gonna get there?

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:07; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District
Jazz

A number of promising local prospects come up on the scream sheet. Several apartments and houses in Tacoma and in both the Loveland and Puyallup City neighborhoods of the Puyallup Barrens. Besides the usual coffin hotels and conventional hotels, she notices an advertisement for Daywood Suites. "All the comforts of home." A hotel room with a kitchenette and small living room for 750 nuyen.gif per week. Kilroy surely had leads on other non-conventional and off the path arrangements as well.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:07; Various locations across southern Seattle
Jazz, Jake & Revan

<<@Team [Kilroy] Kit will be joining your team for this run as well. I got a heads up that the magical opposition would be slightly higher than normal. [- Contact ARO upload in progress..... ARO received..... Confirmed no malware attached -] She and Revan recently worked together on an equipment reallocation job. I also have a lead on one final runner to add to your team. I will advise.>>
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:20; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

After browsing the various offers for a while, Jazz also looks up some suitable bars or clubs that offer pool tables, like she is used from Atlanta.

She spends some time, afterwards, figuring out how to get to the roller-ball rink and where to park her car; she wouldn't want to be late. If time permits, she would give those Daywood Suites a visit, maybe even renting one for a week for now, if they are decent enough and had a garage to leave her bike for now. The price seemed alright and if the cash flow would remain steady, she should have little trouble affording it. And otherwise, there were always options to improve on it, anyways, especially with her talents.
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:13; Ichigo's Greenhouse, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Nanotrodes]; SIN = Kim Lee (not broadcast)

<<@Revan [Kit] Can I get a ride with you? >>
Saytr

Revan looked at the time as he was heading on his errands and recieved Kits Text. <Kit[Reva]"yeah i have a cab now just a few errands to run as long as you don't mind tagging along as i drop off some supplies to some friends.">

Revan also contacted his friend <@Randal[Revan] Hey chummer scored some more herbs for your Healing salves from Raven. I am on my way to drop them off now, see you in a few.I might have a plus one but no worries she will stay in the cab when we arrive.">
cndblank
Kit; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Nanotrodes]; SIN = Dona Sancha (not broadcast)

<<@Revan [Kit] Null sheen. Stuff Shack from last time in twenty? >>

That would give her enough time to grab her gear and be at the stuffer shack at the intersection of 260 and Highway 7 with time to spare.
She could get a couple of certified credsticks to cover her share and a bit more so that Little Raven wouldn't mind leaving the data trail by paying their way.
Parts of it were still green once you got far enough away from the highway. That section of Highway 7 was was made up of parts of Mountain Highway and Rice Kandle road. A good place to start a run.
Redjack
Tuesday March 4, 2070; 23:37; Undisclosed location, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit & Revan

He moved slowly forward, watching for lookouts in both this world and the other side of the thin veil that separates the physical world from the spiritual one. His partner did likewise, choosing her steps carefully. They had spent the last two days researching the location. The owner had a relative who was awakened and provided magical security so he skimped on physical security. That thwarted most crews. The small spirit on patrol however proved the relative didn't put a lot of effort into the job.

They hunkered down behind nearby trees to obscure their auras while they formed a plan. Since they figured the spirit would simply report trespassers to it summoner, causing authorities to arrive, they decided instead to thump the little spirit, hoping to draw its summoner here to investigate. A pair of well timing stunballs blasted him into astral fluff setting the plan in motion.

Almost on queue nearly a minute later the summoner arrived, performing a slow, wide recon. Not finding anything amiss outside, he proceeded inside. Much to his chagrin, he found both mages laying on the floor, waiting in ambush. Their remote hacker having disabled the electronic defenses wirelessly and Kit opening the doors. He was able to resist one of the two spells, but both were cast with enough force to deal with him. The second sent him tumbling back to his body and a slumber.

Smiling to each other at an ambush well played, they turn and look at the loaders they are here to acquire... And wince when each determines the other has no driving skills beyond the basic, "Car. Drive to....." Lucky for them, both were rigged and their hacker more than capable.

Saytr

Revan was recalling the last run with Kit, while he made a mental note for Raven to maybe teach him how to drive so the problem wouldn't happen again he did remember Kit being very capable at B&E. He hoped this Killroy wasn't stealing more vehicles otherwise he would be in for a rough run.

<@Kit[Revan]"sounds good Kit, I will be there shortly in a Cab...again.">
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:13; street outside Ichigo's Greenhouse, Puyallup Barrens, Seattle
Kit; PAN = hidden [Skinlink, Nanotrodes]; SIN = Dona Sancha (not broadcast)

<<@Revan [Kit] I like a man who has the right priorities. And thanks. >>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:20; Wall-E World parking lot, Tacoma
Jake

Inquiries about a drone get Jake several responses, the best being one that meets his specifications that is immediately available. It even comes with a rapid deployment trailer. There is still the matter of the damage to the van.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:20; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District
Jazz

Scan yield a promising result only two blocks from the rink: Rosie's Bar & Grill offers a down home feel and has four pool tables to boot.

The Daywood Suites does not have a garage, but does have a secure parking area. Also, a number of small houses are also for rent with single car garages. Finally, an upgrade to the Tacoma Marriott includes a parking garage (though not an individual garage). She could select from the above or expand her search by providing Kilroy some specifics.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:50, Raven's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens;
Revan

Revan finishes gathering the delivery for Raven. His current dilemma is how to get down to Kit as no legitimate cab will run south of 224th street. Options that come to mind right off the top of his head is to locate someone he could pay for a ride, contact the team for a pickup or steal a vehicle.

Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:50, Quikie-Stop, Hwy-7 & 260th, Puyallup Barrens;
Kit

Ichigo's greenhouse had a lot of positive elements about it. It is secluded, it is in the turf of a gang that keeps others away and it is an oasis. On the flipside, it is in the middle of the barrens; No man's land. Arriving at the Quickie-Stop on foot, having avoided running afoul of any of the locals. This particular Quickie-Stop had ceased to be a franchisee for years... or decades. Given its location deep in the barrens, it is more Mad-Max than Seven-Eleven. The bars on the doors and windows are a constant fixture and the figure on the roof is undoubtedly a sniper member of security. Only certified cred is accepted in a location like this and its presence is a bastion for the down trodden who live nearby.

Her hideout is about three miles north in the southern part of Loveland. The location was chosen due to the proximity to Ichigo's while still being in an area with an area with something less than a "Z" security-rating.
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:25; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

So far, so good... let's see what Kilroy has to offer...

<< [Jazz] Hey, Kilroy! Since I am probably staying a bit longer, I might as well look for a more or less permanent residence around here. Have been checking what's publicly available, but maybe you have some other offers, too, so I thought, I would send an inquiry your way. I'm looking for something decent, affordable (I guess I should be able to get by with about 2-3k a month, all inclusive), and with a good place to leave my car and/or bike. Any directions? >>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:45; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

A little time passes before Kilroy responds giving Jazz time to watch the Tacoma crowd come and go towards the end of a wage-slave workday and sip her soykaf.
<<@Jazz [Kilroy] Got several options. In that price range, each has their negatives.
1) One bedroom house in Puyallup City with basic feed subscriptions in a well patrolled neighborhood with a single car garage.
2) Well furnished apartment in Loveland, Puyallup. Building security and a secure parking garage for residents. No other amenities.
3) Small refurbished warehouse loft in the edge of the Barrens. The furniture is cheap and outside is nothing to look at, but the building is solid. A gang called the Chosen are the security. Your monthly payment buys their silence and basic security.
4) Two story home with two car garage deep in the Barrens. The exterior mostly fits in with the isolated hood. The interior, while furnished with cheap furniture has been structurally renovated. A local gang, the Z's are the security. A group of runner's who lived there before, dug an escape tunnel that connects to a dilapidated building a block away.
5) Loft apartment above a flower shop in Tacoma in a commercial district. Furnishings are nice and homey. A single car garage in the alley is provided.>>
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:50, Raven's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens

Revan looks at the supplies he has and packs them in a bag and starts to walk to the area closest that he knows he can get a taxi from Janes place cabs frequently went there to get thier fix of cafine there was certain to be a cab that was there. Besides He could always talk Jane and his realationship with her was something of interest.
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:51, Quikie-Stop, Hwy-7 & 260th, Puyallup Barrens;
Kit

Luck and good karma being what it is, as Kit is waiting for word from Revan about how long till he arrives, Ichigo pulls up to the Quikie-Stop on his motorcycle. "Konnichiwa. Need a ride to civilization?"
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:51, Java Jane's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens
Revan

Lucky for Revan, he was literally down the street from Java Jane's. In less than a minute, he was walking through the door and smiling as Jane was already pouring a cup for him. "Oy Chummer. You look happy."
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:49; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District
Jazz

A few minutes of back and forth with Kilroy talking details and Kilroy running searches with his connections and he comes back with two more options.
<<@Jazz [Kilroy] Ok. I have a line on a condo right on Commencement Bay in Tacoma. Its in a commercial area with a number of bars so you get more than your fair share of foot traffic and at all hours. The building has one contracted guard. It is well furnished with a parking garage and of course priced accordingly.
A second option I have is a nice, big house in Loveland. Puyallup. The previous occupant departed this life rather abruptly creating a vacancy. Your neighbors are Italian Businessmen so that brings pluses and minuses. It has a two car garage nice furnishings. Either of those two appeal to you?>>
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:50; Midtown Seattle's Best Soycaf House, Tacoma District

<< [Jazz] You could do well as a real estate agent. wink.gif The first one sounds good. I will have a closer look later and give you the green lights then. >>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:55; NorPoint Condominiums, 2360 Ruston Way, Tacoma District
Jazz

<<@Jazz [Kilroy] Have to keep my star talent well rested...>>

A little time to kill before the run kicks off, makes a run over to the address provided by Kilroy. The condominiums sit across the street from the bay and the Silver Cloud Inn & Casino. Yea, casinos draw that certain element that bring the neighborhood down. Foot traffic in the area is moderate and the neighborhood hosts a number of coffee and tea houses amongst other small businesses.

The building itself is ten stories tall. A little more interaction with Kilroy yields details that the condo is on the 5th floor. There is an underground parking garage and a guard on duty in the little guard room at the garage entrance, which is secure by a rising chain mesh gate.
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:52, Java Jane's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens

revan walks through the door taking his usual seat facing the doors with his back to the wall. He was glad to see Jane again she befriended him on one wet day in seattle and has been his friend ever since. He had often thought to ask her out but as couragous and fearless as he was a women always held such powers over men and in his line of work it was unwise to lose such control.

He smiles and returns the greeting bowing slightly after he puts his pack besides the table chair. "Jane, How have you been?" Revan looked around the place for any taxi drivers making a stop for java."Any drivers here that might want to earn some Yen?" He directed the question more at jane then in general for she knew most the cabbies that came in.
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:53, Java Jane's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens
Revan

Jane smiles and looks around, but none of the customers step up at the offer. She then gestures over to a young man obviously mesmerized by something in AR. "Mark." he looks up and focuses as his name is mentioned. "You are a courier, right?"

He nods, "Yea..." he approaches the counter, allowing time for Revan to also walk up to the counter. He continues, his voice subdued. "I'm not licensed to carry passengers."

Jane then looks to Revan, waiting for him to carry on the conversation.
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 17:48; NorPoint Condominiums, 2360 Ruston Way, Tacoma District

<< [Jazz] Hey Kilroy! I think it looks very good. Seems to have everything one needs, plus some. I will take it. Hopefully, you will have enough jobs lined up, so I can actually afford it, but it's worth a try, I suppose. I'll also need to upgrade my ID as soon as possible and there are a few toys I have seen, that could be interesting... ah, well... I better prepare for the meeting. Laters! >>
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:53, Java Jane's, Loveland, Puyallup Barrens

Revan looks the man up and down. "your not licensed to carry passangers? Ok how about you deliver these things to this address to a friend of mine." Revan sends the address via his PAN and what ever funds are needed to complete the transaction."These people need these supplies." Revan looks the man straight in the eye letting the point rest in the air for a moment.

Revan shoots Jane another smile thanking her silently. Picking up the coffee stirring it with practiced discipline he learned from Raven. It was his habit of doing things that just didn't look right to other, usually dwarfs were rough and loud and obnoxious not Revan, What he had experienced in his childhood had scared him for life and he planned on taking vengance for the it one day. But not letting his past memories cloud the moment he finished his business with Mark and then had a brief conversation with Jane about business and life in general.

Knowing that If he didn't have to worry about delivering the supplies he could just make his way to a decent part of the district and call for a cab there.
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:51, Quikie-Stop, Hwy-7 & 260th, Puyallup Barrens;
Kit

Kit flashes him a smile "Konnichiwa Hai, Domo Arrigato Gozaimasu!"

<<@Revan [Kit] Hey! Got a ride 2 Loveland. Where meet up? >>
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:55, Dinko's Drive Up Burgers, Tacoma District
Midnight

There it was, her face was in the damn news yet again. This time a duo of wise guys were killed outside a club and some wannabe reporter had caught video of the whole incident. The video starts with the argument, voices too loud for a conversation in the parking lot. The shouting in Japanese at them just pissed them off more. The first swung a back fist like he was beating his girlfriend. The counter placed a foot right into his solar plexus before the fist even landed, doubling over the big man without him even making contact. The second man was much more seasoned. He drew a pistol, but learned he just wasn't fast enough. The tanto came out fast; Really fast. The wise guy raised the stub as if to shoot before realizing that the hand and gun were already falling to the ground. They were done, the fight was over. But she sliced their throats anyway, right there in front of the club... and on video. Some days made a person consider moving halfway around the world if not for a debt of honor to be settled.

There was a beep on the com; Grendel. He is the Ancient's lieutenant given the task the deal with the dispute over the neighborhood where her current flop is. She half thinks he's been tasked to keep tabs on her as well.
<<@Midnight [Grendel] Knight Errant detectives came around looking for you in regards to some killings at a bar in Loveland last night. I thought you wanted to be alone last night and stay in?>>
To top everything off she did stay in and went to bed early. Grendel was already doubting Keiko. This was just going to make it worse.
SleepIncarnate
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 16:55, Dinko's Drive Up Burgers, Tacoma District
Jenny Midnight; PAN = Passive[SE]; SIN = Lisa Yoshiko

She sighed as she saw the news trid and then the message. Reading it over and over, she closed her eyes and leaned back on her bike, waiting still for her food. After a moment, she forwarded a message back to him.

<<@Grendel [Jenny Midnight] You know full well I stayed in. Yeah, I saw the news too. What would drive me to want to waste my lovely evening alone by going all the way there to blank a couple of damn italian made men? I got no more soy-beef with them than I do most other unlucky slots. I do recognize the cleaner though, still can't believe none of you saw her. I'll look into it.

Finally, she got to the window, grabbed her food, and sped off towards her pad, she had work to do.
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 17:05, I-5, Federal Way, Tacoma District
Jenny Midnight

Ten minutes seem to pass as quick as one tick of the clock. Jenny had not even made it out of Tacoma before another call came in.
<<@JM [DJ] Yo Girly-o. I heard you are looking for work? Anyway I got this- {Unintelligible background conversation} -like I was saying I got a call {Unintelligible background conversation} -Anyway, my fixer reached out { "Give me a minute woman!" } If you want a job I got one. Short notice. Tonight.>>

DJ (Death Jester) is a member of the Ancients by blood rather than sweat. He is known for partying rather than working too hard. If you want to know where the current raves are, he has that list on the tip of his tongue. He prefers girls with little self-esteem and always plays the bad boy.
SleepIncarnate

Sighing once more, this ws turning out to be one hell of a night, she thought about it. DJ did usually know some good info, but his favors always came at the annoying price of him trying to get her into bed, or at least trying to cop a feel. She would have to break his nose some night for that, but that would come later.

<<@DJ [Jenny Midnight] Like usual DJ, your chrming environment oversteps your message, I only got about half, but I did get that you've got a job hooked up through your fixer. Send me the contact info and I'll look into it. If it's really worth my while, who knows, you may finally get the chance to see me naked. If it's not, well.... you get the idea.>>
Redjack
Jenny Midnight

<<@JM [DJ] 19:00 at the roller-ball rink in Tacoma. Here's my ticket. [- AR upload in progress..... AR objects received. Confirmed no malware attached -] Kilroy said to take my seat early then at 19:10, head up to her box with the rest of the team. I'm kinda tied up.. Half tied up anyway. There'll be a J there who'll lay out the offer. Anyway, gotta jet.>>
And with that the connection ended. Looking at a map, the drive on the highway, assuming she cut through traffic and didn't run afoul of any I-Fivers would be about 20 minutes. Double that if she didn't take chances running between the lanes in rush hour traffic.
SleepIncarnate

Looking at the time, she grumbled silently to herself. Just under two hours till I need to be there, and it's going to take me half that time if I don't draw attention to myself, and I still need to go grab my gear. It's at the roller-ball rink, so nothing formal. That's good.

And with that she sped home to get ready.
Redjack
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:55, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District

Kit
Ichigo's arrival was definitely fortuitous. He gave her a ride to Crazy Joe's at Hwy 7 & 224th St E. He bid her farewell before returning south to spend the evening in quiet meditation. If Kit could only be so lucky....

Revan
Revan paid off the courier to finish remaining delivery for Raven, before taking the next cab that stopped for a soy-kaf. A short time later, he arrived at Crazy Joe's.

Revan & Kit
Kit had just been dropped off a few minutes before Revan arrived. The duo spent several minutes discussing options. Neither of them have a vehicle. There is no such thing as public transportation in the Barrens. In the end, they split a cab ride. 60 nuyen.gif on the meter and a 20 nuyen.gif tip.. upfront. That put them at the rink a little over an hour early, but hey!, better than being late. A Burger-Haus down the street gave them a place to grab a soyburger and wait out the difference.

Jake
The afternoon had been a blur for Jake. He called in those favors and the delivery of the Lynx was in motion; He could pick that up after midnight. He also made stop by Bumper's and got a replacement driver window installed and a tow hitch installed. He also made an appointment to work on the bullet holes in the rear doors for tomorrow. By the time he made it to the rink, it was time to go in... But there are all those people... Breathing the same air... Spreading their germs around.... So there he sat, in his van, working up the courage to head into that crowd.

Jazz
After Jazz transferred the funds to cover the rent, she tallied up the fact that she is currently short to maintain the rest of her lifestyle; This run better pay off.

She barely had time to get cleaned up and get back to the rink for the meet. Pulling into the lot, she located Jake's van. It looked cleaner and the broken window had been replaced, but the bullet holes in the rear doors remain. The lot is jumping and she could tell most of the crowd had already made their way inside. The opening entertainment starts in five minutes. The molten-metal thrash band, The Ignots, are playing live. Their show is heavy on pyrotechnics and skimpy dressed girls heavy on body modifications.

Jenny Midnight
The trip to her doss and back to the rink was in a word, harrowing. The trip up wasn't so bad and even slipping in/out, avoiding Grendal was null sheen. Rush hour traffic headed south was another story. That said, she had her gear and was ready to when she pulled into the lot. Her adrenaline was still pumping as she turned off the engine. Psyched up patrons were heading in talking about the Ferocious Fey and the Queen Bitches, tonight's line up. A power cord from a guitar inside the rink and highly amplified, told her the bad was warming up, much to the delight of the crowd
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:57, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District;
Kit; PAN = Passive SIN = Kim Lee

Kit Takes a bite of her burger looking at Revan over the top of it as she chews "Mmmm"

<<@Revan [Kit] So any idea who else is going to be joining us? >>
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:57, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District

Revan looked at Kit eating her Burger. He only having water. okazu...his mouth watered often thinking about the food he used to eat as a child spices and noodles mixed to perfection. He rarely ate anything besides the foods of his parents culture. One of those things that made him, him. <@Kit[Revan]"I believe two others. Jazz and Jake a rigger and a code-slinger. not heavy on Muscle so far i do not know of any others.">
SleepIncarnate

Parking her bike, she slipped off gracefully and opened up her bag, looking inside to make sure everything was still there. Baton, check. Gloves and mask, check. Coat on top "in case I get cold", check. Various and sundry bits of makeup to make this look like a normal purse, check. Smiling to herself, she closed it back up and slung it back over her shoulders, checking to make sure none of her true outfit beneath showed under the street clothes. Nodding to herself, she made her way over through the crowd, smiling and trading the occaisional high five or chest bump with the rest of the excited crowd. Just another one of excited, drunk and high patrons.... sh'yeah right....

As she got to the gate and had her ticket checked, security looked her over, half wary because she looked a lot like that murderer on the trids, and half tempted to try and take her out back to "pat her down", because how often did one find a young japanese elf who was that attractive? She smiled at them innocently, looking up through her raven colored bangs with those almond colored eyes, handing her "purse" over for inspection. When they looked in her bag and saw the neon A on the back of her jacket they decided best to leave her be. She simply winked and smiled at them and continued along, leaving them to wonder if this girl was truly as harmless as she appeared and it was just a fake to keep people from messing with her, or if she truly was as dangerous as the trids said.

As she got into her seat, she zipped a message off.
<<@Kilroy [JM] Hey, when DJ gave me his ticket, he said there'd be a group here to meet up with, but he didn't give me any details on the crew. He was a bit..... distracted, as I'm sure you'll understand if you know him. Anything you can tell me about who and what I'm looking for?>>
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:58, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District;
She shrugged over her burger Uetaru mono ni sosho^u nashi: "For a hungry person there is no coarse food." She swallowed "Hunger is the best sauce." Truth was her tastes had changed along with every thing else since she touched that pearl. Her sense of smell and taste were so much sharper that she had to drop a lot of her favorites. She had never been a real all natural food person before. Lucky for her, tofu and other soy based food actually tasted better for some reason as long as it didn't have too much additives. The Burger-Haus blackened single with the pesto mayo wasn't bad at all if you were even a little hungry.

<<@Revan [Kit] I don't know if I would want to be involved with some thing that needed a lot of muscle. What is their rep? >>
Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:55; Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District

<< @Jake [Jazz] Hey Jake. I see you are already there... >>

Having parked her black SUV, Jazz jacks out of the VR and gets out. A quick check in the side mirror and some last-minute fixes on her outfit later, she heads for the entrance. Her casual clothes should work well enough for this place, tight jeans, heeled boots, crop top and her mid-length coat to shield her skin against the crowd. As usual, she wears her green sunglasses and a small messenger bag.

Soon enough, she is on the way to wherever her ticket places her...
Saytr
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:59, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District
Revan;PAN=Passive[LTG] SIN Nick Yamamoto [Broadcasting]

Revan notices the time on his HUD. <@Kit [Revan] "I believe it is time for us to go and take our seats."> Revan with that said sorts out his bits and stands up to throw away his trash and make thier way to the stadium seating.

Revan knows that if anything goes wrong it will be no problem to blend in with the crowd and make thier escape. Just in case though he makes mental notes of the security at the gate and any doing walk around inside the stadium and around the outside of the stadium. switching his com to a more unnoticable setting he makes his way inside not giving the security anything to give him trouble about, saying only what was needed if asked any questions. wearing his form fitting armor under his pants and leather jacket, he looked like any other patron inside besides being almost two feet shorter. he would switch from mundane to astral looking to see if any barriers where set up around the meet to keep from any magical eavesdropping and watch for any spirits that might be lying in wait.
cndblank
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:59, Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District;
She nodded as she tucked the burger away in a zip lock for later.
She pulled on her coat and wrapped up. It was going to be cold tonight.

<<@Revan [Kit] Show time. I'll keep watch on the perimeter. You field the questions. >>
kvasac

< @Jazz [Jake]: I had some spare time to arrive earlier, waiting on a new drone and all that jazz. Did Killroy said anything about having to meet up, like, in person? I can communicate through the VR. It is not healthy being among so much...people>

Thanee
Tuesday March 18, 2070; 18:55; Tacoma Roller-Ball, Tacoma District

<< @Jake [Jazz] Well, uuhhh, I would assume that a meeting is meant to be in person, generally speaking, yeah... >>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012