Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elemental Attack.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
The spirit in question is a warrior type. I was pondering a spirit "gun" using elemental attack metal this gives me a force+2 DV attack with half impact + 2 AP by RAW that seams mighty powerful I was also considering giving him a second elemental attack of a different element but I'm not sure what. The plan is for the BBG to have bound this spirit to serve as a body guard. The PC coudl either face it or if the mage is cunning the coudl try and free it and or re-bind it to weaken the BBG.

Also going to give it natural weapon to represent some melee weapon of later choosing. Part of my inspiration is Alucard from Hellsing but that's manly just the spirit gun type idea and built to wards fighting and a general attitude of I'm better than you scum.

So my real question is would using metal as my elemental attack work like that and can you think of another good and slightly uncommon element for a second elemental attack? I'd rather not use fire, electricity, or cold.
UmaroVI
Sonic? Sonic is really, really good.
Dumori
I'm hoping my PCs will get the clues to brake his bindsing then ask it to turn on his pervious enslaver but there is always a chance the PCs will face it and I dont wan't him to TPK. There's also the thematics to deal with what would a sonic attack be from a warrior spirit? I'm thinking large Pistol/ rifle for the metal attack.

But I do like the idea. Also I want him to play on animé tropes due to how this spirit formed its world view and what tradition it is from it's a half joke in our game that due to how magic work how the user thinks it should that there would be some wacky fringe traditions. Such as ones based of animé or comic books cos there will be those nuts around. So pulling his "GUN" form mid air or is sword ect will be in.

Re-reading metal is resisted by full impact still not bad. Element on my short list are light, sound, blast and sand.

Out of those light could lead to the most fun cimimatic attacks.
UmaroVI
Sonic is nasty, but it does stun damage so it won't kill people. It does take people out of the fight though. I was thinking it would be a "Warcry" type thing where he yells really loudly at you.

Light is another good one, since Glare is more useful than the rest of the secondary effects.
Dumori
QUOTE (UmaroVI @ Sep 15 2010, 02:12 AM) *
Sonic is nasty, but it does stun damage so it won't kill people. It does take people out of the fight though. I was thinking it would be a "Warcry" type thing where he yells really loudly at you.

Light is another good one, since Glare is more useful than the rest of the secondary effects.

Blast is also looking fun the knock back factor.
Elfenlied
Personally, I'd recommend Smoke or Blast. Blast fits the gun theme, and smoke fits the '1000 familiars devour you' theme.
Mäx
QUOTE (Dumori @ Sep 15 2010, 02:53 AM) *
The spirit in question is a warrior type. I was pondering a spirit "gun" using elemental attack metal this gives me a force+2 DV attack with half impact + 2 AP by RAW that seams mighty powerful.

Propably becouse it's not correct, metal is +2 to DV resisted with impact armor+5(its not errated, but its said to be like fletchette and the effect is same as original fletchette ammo)
Draco18s
Blast AND Metal. ;D
(As one attack--you can do it with spells!)
Tanegar
Step 1: Make a free spirit PC.
Step 2: Give him an Elemental Attack [Sonic] power that comes from the electric guitar he carries around with him.
Step 3: Rock the fuck out.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: PROFIT!
Udoshi
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Sep 15 2010, 07:25 AM) *
Blast AND Metal. ;D
(As one attack--you can do it with spells!)

Metal is actually a pretty excellent combination in, say, a custom FireWater type spell(just swapping elements around) with another element that has AP Half. They get extra armor! Sweet. Now halve it!

There's other cool things you can do with it. I've been meaning to make a spirit of the great western oldies, that uses elemental attack(metal) to represent a spirit-powered six-shooter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012