Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pixies - What's Vanishing?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
suoq
<- even more confused than usual.
Stahlseele
Pixie-Bodies do the vanishing trick upon death.
Aerospider
Vanishing is a weakness that means the critter can't go into physical damage overflow. When the last box on the condition monitor is crossed off they disappear forever and nobody knows where to. It's a pretty serious concern for a shadowrunner, especially one with a low Body rating ...

It's in Runner's Companion in the Non-metahuman section. AFB so no I've not got a page reference.
suoq
Thanks. I was doing a search for "Vanishing", when I should have been doing a search for "Vanish". My bad. Right search takes me to pg 85.
CanRay
This also means no Deep Fried Pixie for the Windego. frown.gif
KarmaInferno
This is why my pixie hides behind a cumulative 40 to 60 points of armor, most of it hardened.

smile.gif

QUOTE (Aerospider @ Sep 16 2010, 11:51 AM) *
Vanishing is a weakness that means the critter can't go into physical damage overflow.

Not quite. Like any creature they can go into physical overflow but once they actually die they will go *poof*.

I would like to have a more detailed description in how they vanish. Do they go *poof* or just fade away etc.
Laodicea
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Sep 16 2010, 08:17 AM) *
This is why my pixie hides behind a cumulative 40 to 60 points of armor, most of it hardened.

He's a rigger? or....?
suoq
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Sep 16 2010, 07:21 AM) *
Not quite. Like any creature they can go into physical overflow but once they actually die they will go *poof*.

I would like to have a more detailed description in how they vanish. Do they go *poof* or just fade away etc.

Little tiny pixie valkyries from Pixiehalla ride down on tiny little ponies to carry the fallen pixie over Bisexualfrost, the rainbow bridge, to party with the gods in a club with endless free jello shots.
CanRay
QUOTE (suoq @ Sep 16 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Little tiny pixie valkyries from Pixiehalla ride down on tiny little ponies to carry the fallen pixie over Bisexualfrost, the rainbow bridge, to party with the gods in a club with endless free jello shots.

Damn, we've found an afterlife more awesome than Valhalla!
Angelone
According to legend Corgi's are the mount of choice for fairy warriors. Which has me wanting to make a pixie mage with a E-Corgi mount.
Yerameyahu
Oh jeez, it's Ein. :/
Angelone
No it's not Ein, it's Einherjar the Corgi of Dooooom. Basing it off of a friends Corgi.
The Jopp
Let's just say that an adept pixie in a chameleon suit armed with a spear and rolling around 20+ Dice with his attack test with a suprise attack scares the bejeezus out of me...and that's armed with a piddly spear, not a monowhip.
CanRay
I have a Punk-Rock Poodle.

Her Mohawk is purple, BTW.
Yerameyahu
Don't forget he can fly and has super-Predator-vision.
Aerospider
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Sep 16 2010, 02:21 PM) *

I stand corrected, having been quite sure of myself on the matter!

Just re-read the rules to find it's only when they would die, meaning they don't actually die which is even stranger. I see that as some really funked up mojo at work – attacker rolls to hit, pixie rolls to dodge, pixie rolls to see how well he can resist the damage, damage level would still be outright lethal, pixie vanishes, bullets fly through empty space.

Though I suspect the more common eventuality would be:
"Medic! The pixie's bleeding out!"
"... Sorry I'm late. Where is the little fella?"
"Well he WAS over there ..."

So technically they don't go to an afterlife at all – they keep going with the one they have, just not here ...
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Laodicea @ Sep 16 2010, 09:24 AM) *
He's a rigger? or....?

Yup.

Inside a pixie sized rigger cocoon inside an anthroform drone. That is often inside a Horseman PMV, and the Horseman is often inside an armored van.

The pixie also has all sorts of social awkwardness flaws if outside her cocoon.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012