Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armored Dynamic Camouflage?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SleepIncarnate
Ok, flipping through my books again, I came across the description of the Zoe Second Skin armored clothing, and it lists it as being transparent/opaque, so this made me wonder. The SURGE quality Dynamic Camouflage states that you basically need to be nude for it to work since it's only the skin, but what about with the Second Skin? It's transparent, and since the wearer doesn't actually become invisible, just blends better in the bakground, would they get their full bonus with Second Skin on, or still need to strip nude?
Smokeskin
Good catch!

I'd say Rule of Cool applies. If it is Cooler to run around naked, apply a 1 dice pool penalty (maybe only to the motionless bonus). If it is Cooler to run around in armored, transparent clothing, no penalty.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Smokeskin @ Sep 17 2010, 04:44 AM) *
I'd say Rule of Cool applies. If it is Cooler to run around naked, apply a 1 dice pool penalty (maybe only to the motionless bonus). If it is Cooler to run around in armored, transparent clothing, no penalty.

It's cooler to run around as a naked drake. wink.gif
Yerameyahu
It's nearly worthless as a power, so go ahead. smile.gif Weak things don't need to worry about imbalance.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 17 2010, 09:16 AM) *
It's nearly worthless as a power, so go ahead. smile.gif Weak things don't need to worry about imbalance.

I made an actually competent stealth-drake. He just couldn't do much else.
Yerameyahu
Hehe. smile.gif I just mean that it's weaker than camo armor and wastes your precious mutation points.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 17 2010, 09:34 AM) *
Hehe. smile.gif I just mean that it's weaker than camo armor and wastes your precious mutation points.

That it does, that it does.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012