Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Cinematic Shadowrun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ryusukanku
Today I watched a french film Called MicMacs.

Written and Directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, creator such films as Amelie and City of Lost Children, it has his identifiable fun and quirky style.

Long story short I feel it's a good film for Shadowrun research.

A man who's father died diffusing a landmine then later in life gets wounded by a stray bullet. He later seeks retribution against the two powerful Munitions makers who made the Mine and Bullet. Meeting a group of odd people (each with an odd talent) who live on the fringes of society he becomes friends with them and they agree to help him in his quest.
The ending really had me on the edge of my seat and was not at all what I expected.

I would reccomend this film for people who like to play shadowrunners on a shoestring. Despite the lack of super-futuristic or Raw Magic content it has a charm and cleverness that draws you in and makes you believe that the little people really DO stand a chance at toppling the Corps.

Offhand it makes me wonder what Jean-Pierre Jeunet might be able to do if someone properly introduced him to Shadowrun.
Summerstorm
Hm... didn't we just have a thread for the compilation of film... just down there?
Ah well, doesn't matter. Will have a look at this film.
Ryusukanku
Oh silly me, I forgot to ask what films the rest of you were impressed by for something that seems Shadowrun-ish?

Ryusukanku
Oh hey. How did I ever miss that thread?

Oh well. I'll have to take a look through it.
Thanks Summerstorm
Summerstorm
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...2&hl=movies

EDIT: Ah you found it... well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012