Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runners Toolkit
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
Does anybody know what this will contain? I the latest errata (or FAQ) there were a magical question the Devs anwered with "this will be covered in an upcoming sourcebook"...could this be the toolbox?
Jaid
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Sep 19 2010, 04:54 AM) *
Does anybody know what this will contain? I the latest errata (or FAQ) there were a magical question the Devs anwered with "this will be covered in an upcoming sourcebook"...could this be the toolbox?

could be. could be just a copout so that they don't have to admit they don't have an answer, but that they might theoretically eventually have one and if they do they'll put it in a sourcebook. no real way to tell. (on a side note, there are several answers like that)
Machiavelli
Damn, i thought at least you would know something.^^ Thanks for the reply, we will see...maybe there are some SR-dices in the toolbox? That would be great.^^
Critias
It will have the following:
* A new GM screen;
* Some heavy cardstock cheat sheets providing the steps for common processes such as melee combat, spellcasting, conjuring, etc.;
* Full-color, heavy-cardstock maps for some basic sprawl sites;
* The Big Book of Tables--a compiled listing of the gear tables from every core book;
* CASS--Contacts, Adventure seeds, and Sprawl Sites: A booklet the provides the items mentioned in its title;
* A revised version of On the Run;
* PACKS--Pre-generated Auxiliary Character Kit System. A booklet containing attribute, skills, gear, etc. kits that allow for quick combination for easy creation of PCs and NPCs.
* Anatomy of a Shadowrun: a booklet that provides a fictional account of a run in one column, and the game information, such as tests used, that shows how to play out that story.

All in a lovely box!

Jason H.

From this thread on the SR forums.
Machiavelli
Wonderful, thanks.
jakephillips
any idea when it will actually be out?
Snow_Fox
I've had it on preorder form Amazon and they keep changing the date so often I've lost trakc. i just figure they'll ship it when they can, but I think it's mid november now.
Critias
QUOTE (jakephillips @ Sep 19 2010, 08:28 PM) *
any idea when it will actually be out?

That question also came up on the thread I linked. Short answer is "no." Long answer is still "no."
IKerensky
Dont they loose the right to publish PACKS ? it was realeased as a free downloads on this forum, I dont think they could charge for it.
IKerensky
Arg, double post... frown.gif
nemafow
I beleive the stuff written by a friendly member on DS was released for free, the version that Catalyst still plan to release is a re-write, and I beleive extremely similiar, which is obvious seeing as it cant be really radically different seeing what it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012