Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UV Nodes: Effect on Technomancers?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanlis
So the question: are there any canonical or suggested effects a technomancer might feel from visiting a UV node (as per Unwired, page 171)? But the twist: I'm actually asking because it's the single question out of five hundred or so that's gone unanswered over on RPG Stack Exchange. While I'd be interested in any answer here, the poor guy who asked it might not see it. If anyone feels like answering there, that'd be greatly appreciated.
jakephillips
QUOTE (Thanlis @ Sep 19 2010, 07:02 PM) *
So the question: are there any canonical or suggested effects a technomancer might feel from visiting a UV node (as per Unwired, page 171)? But the twist: I'm actually asking because it's the single question out of five hundred or so that's gone unanswered over on RPG Stack Exchange. While I'd be interested in any answer here, the poor guy who asked it might not see it. If anyone feels like answering there, that'd be greatly appreciated.

I would say it is the best "addictive" environment they have ever had. I would treat their compiling more like summoning and allow them to use their attack and armor programs in the UV node as they are not using a comlink but their own resonance. I would let them compile their sprites and have them summoned like spirits that can exist in the HYper realistic environment.
Magus
Umm Jake they already do that in a normal node. Techno's do not use a comlink as it is now. They do compile their sprites like spirits in any node. I just think they would feel more at home as the bandwidth is richer than normal.
Lansdren
UV nodes throw up the whole design point of a node into high rez given that a TM can still thread up his CF's while in a UV node its quite beliveabl that they could concentrate and shift the armours jacket they are wearing in the UV node (armour R3) into full body armour (threaded Armour to R6). Hell with enough CF's they could practically go virtual Iron Man in the node.

Given this ability to be enhanced somewhat but at the same time be in control like no other user I would say UV node would be practically intoxicating to a TM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012