Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Secret World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
nylanfs
I couldn't find a post on this (at least by searching for "Secret World"), but is anyone else excited about this game as I am?

I absolutely LOVED Anarchy Online, the world was beautiful (and huge, and FELT huge) but it was the backstory that really drew me into it. And I'm looking forward to what Ragnar plans to do with this story.
Karoline
Looks cool, have to give it a closer look when The Colony isn't on.
nemafow
Looks impressive, but mmo's just don't do it for me frown.gif
I do love the whole undead and monster concept tho
Karoline
Yeah, certainly looks cool. Of course all most MMOs look cool. It is the execution that is vital.
Blade
I'd rather have the sequel(s) to Longuest Journey and Dreamfall than a MMO I'll never play (even if it looks like they've got some good ideas in there).
Mäx
The world looks really promising, but i'm little vary about the actual game after Age of Conan, the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.
I quess i could say that based on the cinematic trailers and backstory, im just as excitetd about this as i was of hellgate:London(so thats a lot,by the way), but i'm afraid i might end up being justs as disappointed too.
Karoline
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 22 2010, 05:22 AM) *
the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.

Eww, yeah, hope it doesn't turn into a 'make it for the x-box, and then devote entire minutes to porting it to the PC' like most games that are on both seem to.
Caine Hazen
I have been looking forward to trying this out. I have hopes it might be something good to do with my little amount of spare time.
TommyTwoToes
QUOTE (Mäx @ Sep 22 2010, 04:22 AM) *
The world looks really promising, but i'm little vary about the actual game after Age of Conan, the fact that it's also coming out on xbo360 doesn't exactly ease my mind.
I quess i could say that based on the cinematic trailers and backstory, im just as excitetd about this as i was of hellgate:London(so thats a lot,by the way), but i'm afraid i might end up being justs as disappointed too.

I had a really good time in Hellgate London, just wish they had managed the launch and advertising better so that the game had stuck around.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 22 2010, 11:53 AM) *
I had a really good time in Hellgate London, just wish they had managed the launch and advertising better so that the game had stuck around.

Getting screwed over by their international partners didn't help them either.

QUOTE (TommyTwoToes @ Sep 22 2010, 06:53 PM) *

It was pretty nice game to play, just got repetive even during the first playtrought.
Also the company lost all my respect with its "We made 2 totally different games, so we cant give patches to single player part of our product without weeks of recoding the patch and we really can't be arsed to do that"
I really hope that the guy that made that desicion never ever get work in the indrustry again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012