Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SRM04 FAQ considerations
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun Missions
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Wasabi
A diminishing 4:1 buy with no Edge able to be spent is much more artificial to *me* than SaintHax' proposal.
SaintHax
QUOTE (Neurosis @ Oct 21 2010, 08:32 PM) *
SaintHax I must say I really dislike the "all or nothing" nature of your suggested patch. Negotiation + Charisma Dice Pool 4 is 10%, Negotiation + Charisma Dice Pool 9 is 10%, Negotiation + Charisma Dice Pool 10 is 30%, and Negotiation + Charisma Dice Pool 18 is still 30%?

It just doesn't seem right. When you turn it into a boolean there's a disturbing lack of granularity. I almost prefer "Everyone gets 10%" to "my face gets triple because he has one more die".

And it is ALSO nothing like the actual SR4 rules.

It is the SR4 rules-- as soon as you throw in a forced 4:1 buy rule with diminishing returns that the SRM campaign has. If you were allowed to roll, your right, the person with a DP of 9 would be able to sell the item for 30% with just an average roll; and a person with a slightly smaller DP would get to sell it some of the time with a good roll; and that person with a 10 DP sometimes would fail to find a buyer if they wanted to roll to try to move it quicker.

However, this is the nature of the beast. Given the forced 4:1 that SRM has included b/c of table time, this is how it works out with the rules. Note though that the Face (really any qualifing character) doesn't just get triple-- the Face has to choose what items they want to take the time to sell themselves. If they have nothing else to do in their down time, then they can fence it all. However, purchasing items take longer than fencing them, so I doubt that will occure all the time.

Regardless, I could come up with a proposal that has a more gradual curve, but it would be another fabrication of rules. Also note that you compared a DP of 10 to a DP of 18 as if to make a point they get the same amount. This is how the rules are written-- the only difference is the time it takes to move an item. There is an abstract about how the availability could increase the price, but no guidelines are given and as we all know-- SRM hates dealing in abstracts b/c it isn't a "level playing field".
KarmaInferno
How about 5% per 1:4 bought hit, minimum 10%?

-k
SaintHax
Again, that's fabricating rules.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012