Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Dice
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Some sets on sale at Paizo.

HERE
Mesh
Aaron Pavao's site has pics of translucent, blue dice that have been modified for Shadowrun.

With sharpies, you color the 1 pip in red, the 2-4 pips blue (or the color of your dice like green for mine), and leave the 5 and 6 white. For those of you who haven't yet tried this, it makes reading your dice ten times faster, No exaggeration. Players with normal dice rolling 12-15 take several seconds counting and sorting after a roll. Players with modified dice instantly see their successes. It makes a difference when you have limited time and you want to keep the action rolling.

So if you can't afford the Limited Edition, special symbol Shadowrun dice, these manually modified dice are a must have!

Mesh
KarmaInferno
Heck, if you can bear to modify them, coloring the "Limited Edition, special symbol Shadowrun dice" speeds things up too!

-k
Prime Mover
Need a different color for number 2 (Rushed tests).
Dumori
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 5 2010, 02:34 PM) *
Need a different color for number 2 (Rushed tests).

Nah not really they are rare enough you can manually scan for it.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Mesh @ Oct 5 2010, 02:26 PM) *
Aaron Pavao's site has pics of translucent, blue dice that have been modified for Shadowrun.

With sharpies, you color the 1 pip in red, the 2-4 pips blue (or the color of your dice like green for mine), and leave the 5 and 6 white. For those of you who haven't yet tried this, it makes reading your dice ten times faster, No exaggeration. Players with normal dice rolling 12-15 take several seconds counting and sorting after a roll. Players with modified dice instantly see their successes. It makes a difference when you have limited time and you want to keep the action rolling.

So if you can't afford the Limited Edition, special symbol Shadowrun dice, these manually modified dice are a must have!

Mesh

Ye gods. Why have I never thought of this?
Dumori
QUOTE (Mesh @ Oct 5 2010, 02:26 PM) *

Mesh

I for mine (blue dice) reded the 1, left the 2 white, blued the 3-4 and greened the 5-6 with 6 a slightly different shade.
yesferatu
Why can't these companies make the dice smaller?
I'm using 12mm black and whites which are great.

Rolling two handfuls of normal sized d-6s is a pain in the ass.

sabs
You sure it's not just that Shadowrun's D6 system kinda blows? and we're rolling too many dice.
yesferatu
Blasphemy!
I actually like the stat/skill system.

Although, I ran a lot of on White-Wolf games early on...
Dumori
Bah think SR rolls too many D6? Play some Wharhammer(40k or FB) I've had to roll 100s before.
Godwyn
I play WHFB and 40k as well. Its where I pull my SR dice from smile.gif. Friend of mine has a dice case set up specifically for a squad of his eldar. Has all 36 or so dice, sorted in colors by ballistic skill, so he can just dump it out when it comes time for them to shoot.

I like having different color dice for SR so I can arrange them in grades covering my dicepool for my most common tasks.
Dumori
QUOTE (Godwyn @ Oct 6 2010, 12:33 AM) *
I play WHFB and 40k as well. Its where I pull my SR dice from smile.gif. Friend of mine has a dice case set up specifically for a squad of his eldar. Has all 36 or so dice, sorted in colors by ballistic skill, so he can just dump it out when it comes time for them to shoot.

I like having different color dice for SR so I can arrange them in grades covering my dicepool for my most common tasks.

I was thining of doing the same but my Imperal Gaurd army its juts too much work. Any way with 2-4 peopel count the dice its ok.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 5 2010, 02:57 PM) *
Some sets on sale at Paizo.

HERE

These are really great. cool.gif
Larsine
They are already at my FLGS. I have odered, and will be picking them up next friday grinbig.gif
BookWyrm
They look nice, but I still have a brick or two of generic D6's that I can use & replace with relative ease. If I spot a (inexpensive) set by the time of, or during ICON, I'll consider picking up a set.
Thanee
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Oct 6 2010, 01:53 AM) *

Dunno. They are ok (I have a few sets of them). They look nice, but the fact, that they made them useful as regular d6 (i.e. numbers from 2-6 on them, the 1 is left blank) lowers their greatness a bit.

The 1 should have a glitch symbol and the 2-4 should be empty for true SR4 dice.

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
QUOTE (Mesh @ Oct 5 2010, 07:26 AM) *
leave the 5 and 6 white.
What if I spend edge before I roll?
Thanee
You count the ones with six white pips on them and roll that many dice in addition. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Redjack
Ah... I thought the dice were though flat white six siders with no marks. I made fudge dice with some of those.
Thanee
Well, since he was talking about coloring the pips... wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
StealthSigma
QUOTE (yesferatu @ Oct 5 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Why can't these companies make the dice smaller?
I'm using 12mm black and whites which are great.

Rolling two handfuls of normal sized d-6s is a pain in the ass.

I think I have 71 10mm dice. 35 red with black pips and 36 green with gold pips. I bought the red ones to use as counters for MtG. After realizing how great they were for Shadowrun, I bought the green ones to use.
Redjack
QUOTE (Thanee @ Oct 7 2010, 07:59 AM) *
Well, since he was talking about coloring the pips... wink.gif
Never having heard the term 'pip', I thought that was a reference to the ink mark. nyahnyah.gif
Thanee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pip_%28counting%29 smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012