Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need some info
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aku
Is there any more info on them, other than whats in runner havens? Particularly who their main rivals may be, and typical modus operandi for them? I'm starting a ganger campaign, and this is the gang that the group has decided to start it seems like...
MikeKozar
The info on most of those groups seems to be left almost entirely up to the GM's discretion. I can tell you a little about the environment, though.

405 is a road that circles the Seattle area; it's a bypass to the I5 corridor. 405 starts (more or less) at the SeaTac Airport, runs East for mile or two, and then cuts North around the far side of Lake Union. It passes through Renton, Bellevue, gets close to Redmond, then Kirkland and finally Everett.

This gives you a lot of available Shadowrunning turf to play with. Renton and Bellevue are both upper-class suburbs and residencies, so lots of juicy loot and heavy Knight Errant patrols. Proximity to the Redmond Barrens and the Glow means that the cities on the north side are probably a lot more wild; open warfare between gangs seems likely.

The players need to run a few missions in their own element. Roll up a couple bike gangs that can challenge them for their turf, probably one weak gang and one tough gang - I'd go with the Chaos Brigade as a bunch of chumps (520 connects to 405, so rumbles make sense) and the Ancients as the badasses (magic enhanced and expensive gear). Also roll up a few KE responders to make things interesting. Between road fights, do some highjacking and wetwork - a contact tells them when a rival dealer is moving Kamikaze, or that a VIP who pissed off the wrong guys is making a trip to Bellevue. The point of these being to establish that your players are very effective at mounted combat. Once that is established, running a few missions that involve walking will shake up the status quo nicely.
Aku
excellent info mike, thanks, and def on the line i was thinking on being more mounted, but it's very hard to actually HOLD turf, completely mounted, but being the 405 deals mostly in BTL, i dont really want the players just to be selling the whole time lol. Might set them up on some protection details of their dealers, and attacks on other gang dealers
Saint Sithney
Like usual, I post the map.

The hellhounds are a thrill kill gang of psychopaths according to the text.

Fron the seattle 2072 sourcebook
405 Hellhounds
Turf: Bellevue, Route 405
Colors: Red and Orange
One of the bigger go-gangs in the
‘plex, the 405 Hellhounds (named after their
founder’s favorite pets) are mostly in the business
of smuggling and mindless violence. Actually,
they’re mostly into the mindless violence; the smuggling just helps to
pay the repair bills and keep them in ammo and non-blood-spattering
entertainment. The ‘Hounds can usually be found along their claimed
stretch of roadway, fighting it out with a rival gang or even soldiers
from Fort Lewis, or just terrorizing passing drivers.
Aku
LOOVE the map biggrin.gif and hmm, thats a bit of a different write up than what i found in runner havens... But it will work.

Is it safe to say that they've got pretty much the whole length of the 405 under their control? I'm not seeing many other gangs vieing for turf in that area, other than maybe the leather devils in the i=90 interchange area..

Also, is there any info on the condition of the roadway itself? I'm guessing, atleast up into the bellvue area, it should be in good condition, right?
Saint Sithney
The Hellhounds hold the whole stretch uncontested from what I can tell. Problem is that the 405 doesn't reach to any national borders, so inter-state smuggling operations would naturally take them into Ancients and Laesa turf down south. To the west, the Leather Devils on I-90 have a history of clashing with the Hellhounds, so that's another risky proposition. The north, though, is pretty much wide open since the Red Rovers are wiped out AFICT, not that they were much of an issue in the first place..

Yeah, the Hellhounds are a weird bunch. A crazy biker gang surrounded on all sides by other crazy biker gangs.
Aku
any thoughts/ideas on what initiation would be like for these guys? I'm debating between either having them raid a warehouse to still some new BTL's, or sending them up to I-90 to have some fun with the (leather) Devils
Saint Sithney
It really depends on how hardcore you want this gang to be in your game.
Do you want something that can be done with subtlety so that the players can be smooth and have free range to act as they please, or do you want something that has to be loud an bloody so that the gang can hold it over their heads as evidence should the players ever turn against them?
Aku
Well, as of right now, the "johnson" in the game is going to be a higher up Lt or such in the gang, so i guess if they choose to leave without the gangs blessing, they would gain the enemy quality of the gang, so i'd say fairly hardcore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012