Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Underbarrel accessories
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Siege
Would it be possible to install a compact taser launcher as an underbarrel accessory?

-Siege
Diesel
Yeah, that'd be neat.
Nikoli
I don't see why not.
kevyn668
Hhhhhmmmm.....
Siege
So it could be either:

1. Contact taser
2. Ranged dart

Without any appreciable loss in performance.

-Siege
kevyn668
When you say "contact taser" do you mean like a stun baton bayonet?
Siege
Not really -- have you seen a taser with the two sparking probes?

Jam it in someone and hope they twitch and fall instead of getting really pissed. That's the kind of contact taser I was thinking of.

Although a taser-capable bayonet would have some pretty spiffy possibilities too.

-Siege
Diesel
I'd prefer a big 40mm stun round. Bubba!
Kagetenshi
*Whump*

~J
kevyn668
I didn't mean "bayonet" (even though I said it wink.gif ) I meant exactly what you described, actually. The "stun gun" I believe. Strapped under a rifle or pistol. I don' see why it wouldn't work. In fact I like it even more the more I think about it. smile.gif
Siege
QUOTE (Diesel)
I'd prefer a big 40mm stun round. Bubba!

Hah! Anyone want to calculate damage for a 40mm gel round? grinbig.gif

-Siege
broho_pcp
Can there be stun weapons with Naval damage codes?
Herald of Verjigorm
Inter-Continental Ballistic Gel Round...
Kagetenshi
Sure. Just load your railgun or naval gun with gel rounds.

~J
kevyn668
Because being hit with something the size of keg that's made of "Gel" will surely Stun you....Stun you to DEATH!! grinbig.gif
Kagetenshi
D stun with an extra 18 boxes of overdamage... yeah, that works.

~J
kevyn668
Like I said...
Panzergeist
Actually, the idea has merit, as a massive gel round would surely have an area effect, even in weapons like panther cannons and railguns that don't normally have radii. However, a direct hit would likely crush ribs and pulp internal organs.
Kagetenshi
So you did grinbig.gif

~J
Moonstone Spider
Should be possible to make underbarrel Squirt weaponry as well. After all you can have underbarrel flamethrower and that's just a squirt weapon with an ignition system added.
kevyn668
Panzergeist Posted on Mar 9 2004, 05:18 AM
  Actually, the idea has merit, as a massive gel round would surely have an area effect, even in weapons like panther cannons and railguns that don't normally have radii. However, a direct hit would likely crush ribs and pulp internal organs. 

That already existis: Concussion Grenade.
Kagetenshi
But if you don't light it on fire, all the magic leaks out...

~J

(Yes, I need sleep.)
kevyn668
Depends on what sort of fluid you consider "magic" biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012