Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun development future?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Malbur
So my search-fu fails tonight... but what's the future of shadowrun development? I'm new to the game and after some preliminary searching online and things i've seen on the dumpshock boards, it seems the development team had a minor (perhaps major) schism a couple of years ago... what does this mean? I love the game and feel its a fantastic split from traditional 'high fantasy' rpgs. While shadowrun will be played forever, is it at all likely that we will see no new developments beyond player modifications from here on out? Or is the development studio just going through a low point and we will see it continue to generate new materials?
capt.pantsless
QUOTE (Malbur @ Oct 15 2010, 11:01 PM) *
Or is the development studio just going through a low point and we will see it continue to generate new materials?

This. At least that's what it looks like.

Catalyst Game Labs just put-out the '6th World Almanac' and they had a large booth at this year's Gen Con in August. Shadowrun has been owned and published by a number of different companies, and it hasn't died yet. You never know, but I'd bet on Catalyst continuing to publish stuff.
Saint Sithney
Yeah, they've proven that they'll rip off their former writer's drafts in order to make sure that they won't fall behind schedule too much. scatter.gif
Angelone
Here I like what I see, no release dates yet though.
Prime Mover

Never any release dates until project is ready to release, thats standard policy. Although the Toolkit sounds like it may be next on the list to see release?
Angelone
Yes, the toolkit is next in the chute and it's "almost" done. War! and Attitude are next but from what I've gathered Attitude will come out first or is atleast closer to completion.
Prime Mover
So hard to say, catalyst not like paizo. No daily updates or weekly previews. They keep things close to the vest and with this past years problems they've have had to replace alot of writers and material that was already done or in some stage of development. We need to pressure Hardy for some clearer updates. biggrin.gif
Sixgun_Sage
That list.... want so badly..... words fail!
JM Hardy
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 16 2010, 10:24 AM) *
So hard to say, catalyst not like paizo. No daily updates or weekly previews. They keep things close to the vest and with this past years problems they've have had to replace alot of writers and material that was already done or in some stage of development. We need to pressure Hardy for some clearer updates. biggrin.gif

Go for it! Let me know how that works out!

On another subject, for the record, I want to reiterate something I've said before--I've never had a shortage of SR writers.

Jason H.
DeadLogic
I was considering converting my personal runs and handing them out as free PDF's. It seems the game can use all the support it can get.
kzt
QUOTE (JM Hardy @ Oct 17 2010, 08:35 PM) *
On another subject, for the record, I want to reiterate something I've said before--I've never had a shortage of SR writers.

There does seem to be a shortage of proofreaders.
Neraph
Zing!

I offer my uses for free. I'll even sign any NDA's you guys want, as long as I can still tell my wife about it.

Alternatively, I think I can speak for my group to say we'd love to be able to playtest some of your mats.

Of course, I think I speak for most of this forum by saying we'd all be of similar mind on both points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012