Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Substituting RL for SR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Drraagh
I am working on a video to introduce people to SR and give a view of how I perceive the world. And as such, I am thinking of starting it off with a video version of 'And So It Came To Pass', with various news clips and similar showing things like natural disasters, wars, plague, third world countries, some urbanization, race riots, protests, etc. Think a SR version of 'We Didn't Start The Fire'. Also, if you check out the 'Have You Noticed' videos on the Darksider's website, they do a sort of idea of what I'm talking about. 'Laws Being Broken', 'Man's Inhumanity To Man', 'Earth's Cry For Help', 'World At War', 'Institutions Crumbling', 'Spread of Disease'.

What I need is some ideas people can think of that could work as news stories to put in as videos. Recently, I'm thinking some of the Iraq Wars and Swine Flu. Maybe Hurricane Katarina and the New Orleans flooding. A plane crash or two, perhaps, and a fire. Some gang related stuff, sure. But the question for that is exactly what would be good? I was reading 'The Problem With Orks' post, and someone mentioned Rodney King, which could make a good reference to show racism.

Looking for input, and when it's done, I'll post a link for people to look at.
SleepIncarnate
Take the opening video of basically any of the Fallout games as a good example. Start zoomed in close on something familiar to us today, like a radio or something, then pan out slowly, revealing more and more how the world has changed while you have a voice over discussing the changes until you're panned all the way out over the full on corruption of the shadows with a troll in goggles, rebreather, and so on standing there looking over the chaos.
SleepIncarnate
Stupid double post. But yeah, gave you an inspiration example. At work (where youtube is blocked) or I'd link said videos.
Karoline
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Oct 19 2010, 12:19 AM) *
Take the opening video of basically any of the Fallout games as a good example. Start zoomed in close on something familiar to us today, like a radio or something, then pan out slowly, revealing more and more how the world has changed while you have a voice over discussing the changes until you're panned all the way out over the full on corruption of the shadows with a troll in goggles, rebreather, and so on standing there looking over the chaos.

I think he's looking more for modern day news clips that he can use to put together a video. Doesn't exactly have the resources to create something like those fallout vids.
SleepIncarnate
Pity, they'd be a better representation than modern day stuff, but I guess you could use some clips of KKK or try to find some stuff from the 90's when the religous right wing shut down Washington for a day in protest of Clinton's attempts to repeal the ban on gay's serving in the military. Prolly the closest thing you could use to show Humanis. For the common shadows, I'd say try and get some night time footage of Hell's Kitchen in New York: dark, gritty, etc. Maybe some clips of Mt Saint Helens or some other major volcano erupting to show all the stuff that happened with the Ghost Dance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012