Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shade Adept
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PresentPresence
I had an idea wherein an adept uses Missile Mastery and Power Throw powers to throw a shuriken coated with Shade and DMSO, hopefully hitting a location with exposed flesh. At this point, the victim's body would drop and astrally project. Here is where my questions begin. What would be the best course of action? I could simply kill the body while the soul is projecting. But I think I would like to use a little more finesse. Like using Astral Combat to kill the soul and save the mess, not to mention some decent organlegger profits. But how well can an Astral Perceiving adept fight a drug-induced Astral Projecting being? A magician might be difficult, but wouldn't a cybered troll be much easier to fight? And what skills do I use? Does a weapon focus use its relevant skill in Astral Combat? Should I stick with Killing Hands? Or should I simply use Astral Combat skill with Charisma-based attacks?
Summerstorm
So... you attack with a compound costing 1000 bucks. Why not just kill them with the damn shuriken or a throwing axe *g*?

Well... i guess it is possible, even though it is a magical drug (and as such should be USED... not used UPON you).

Since a normal mortal doesn't have astral combat you could pretty much kill his ass easily. BUT he can just "run" Since he is projecting he gains insane speeds (about 5000 km/h). And if he figures out to tell what happened... you draw attention (even if you can just hide his body - or straight just murder IT)

If you just perceive astral you can use weapon foci like normal.
Brazilian_Shinobi
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Oct 19 2010, 10:23 PM) *
So... you attack with a compound costing 1000 bucks. Why not just kill them with the damn shuriken or a throwing axe *g*?

Well... i guess it is possible, even though it is a magical drug (and as such should be USED... not used UPON you).

Since a normal mortal doesn't have astral combat you could pretty much kill his ass easily. BUT he can just "run" Since he is projecting he gains insane speeds (about 5000 km/h). And if he figures out to tell what happened... you draw attention (even if you can just hide his body - or straight just murder IT)

If you just perceive astral you can use weapon foci like normal.

I forget whose post was that said: "I can kill someone with just 2 nuyen.gif OR I can put them to sleep with 300 nuyen.gif, ain't economics great?
Karoline
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Oct 19 2010, 10:47 PM) *
I forget whose post was that said: "I can kill someone with just 2 nuyen.gif OR I can put them to sleep with 300 nuyen.gif, ain't economics great?

Hehe, I remember that post. Not who made it, but I remember the post.

@OP Like Summer said, as soon as the person projects, they gain insane speed, and so could easily keep away from a physically bound opponent. May as well just hit them with DMSO for the quick KO and poison to kill them 'cleanly' for harvesting. Of course, their spirit could still contact a mage (not real likely, but possible) and alert them and tell them who you are and such.

Course, that is all rules as we know them. Someone who is suddenly projecting for the first time might not have any clue what they can do or what is going on. Likely just think they're dreaming or dead.
Manunancy
QUOTE (Karoline @ Oct 20 2010, 05:05 AM) *
@OP Like Summer said, as soon as the person projects, they gain insane speed, and so could easily keep away from a physically bound opponent. May as well just hit them with DMSO for the quick KO and poison to kill them 'cleanly' for harvesting. Of course, their spirit could still contact a mage (not real likely, but possible) and alert them and tell them who you are and such.

Using poison for organ haversting seems like a bad idea - most poison acts by damaging internal organs, which is rathe counter-productive. Even eurotxins may pose problems as they're likely to ruin the diffrent organ's nerves. You might get away with it on the first sale as the damage won't be obvious, but repeat sales will be tricky.
On a worst case configuration, if the toxin is bad enough, enough of it may stay within the organ to kill the recipient. Big oupsie there, getting guys like Tamanous mad at you isn't exactly a career-enhancing move.

I would go for incapaciting toxins and a 'mechanical' kill if the intention is to keep the bofy in saleable condition. Which brin a problem with the forced projection idea : if I remember right, astral wounds are carried over to the flesh - at least they were in the previous editions. Which makes an astral kill as messy as a physical one - though the target's armor will be intact.

Makki
if he's projecting you have a empty body to sell to some ghouls
Ramorta
Why not just use Slab?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012