Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The goggles, they do nothing!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sesix
Was looking, can the barometric be installed into goggles? Also radar?
TheScrivener
No and no. Just Vision Enhancements from SR4.
Yerameyahu
Why do you want a barometer in your goggles?

Radar, as TheScrivener said, is a Sensor, so it has to be installed in a Sensor Package. Because some dev wasn't thinking, this is *different* from Ultrasound, which is obviously also a Sensor, not a Visual Enhancement. Sigh. smile.gif
Sesix
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 25 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Why do you want a barometer in your goggles?

Radar, as TheScrivener said, is a Sensor, so it has to be installed in a Sensor Package. Because some dev wasn't thinking, this is *different* from Ultrasound, which is obviously also a Sensor, not a Visual Enhancement. Sigh. smile.gif

Well I am doing an outdoorsman/druid char and hes an albino. I was wanting the baro in the goggles, which he wears for compensation to light, so he can tell the weather a bit more accurate kind of thing.
Yerameyahu
Oh, hehe. You just want a barometer (period), and you happen to want to carry it in your goggles. smile.gif I dig.

So, no problem. There's the Atmosphere Sensor (Capacity 1), which fits in an RFID or Micro-sized Sensor Package. RFIDs are limited to rating 1, so you'll probably want the latter; "microsensors are the size of a coin or smaller". So, glue the coin to your goggles (or basically anywhere else). Done! biggrin.gif

Also, albino outdoorsman? I guess that's like a boy named Sue, makes you work even harder. smile.gif
Knight Saber
QUOTE (Sesix @ Oct 25 2010, 09:46 PM) *
Well I am doing an outdoorsman/druid char and hes an albino. I was wanting the baro in the goggles, which he wears for compensation to light, so he can tell the weather a bit more accurate kind of thing.

Get a barometer app on your comlink and have it feed the data to the image link in the goggles?
thetrav
Get a barometer package with digital output, put the sensor package in your backpack / on your suit, and have the output on your image link?
TheScrivener
Yeah, what you really need on those gogs is an Image Link. Any sensor display you need can get patched right through. If you want the goggles to be your only wearable tech, sure, mount it right on there, but Atmosphere, Radar, even Olfactory could be useful. Gieger counter if you're near polluted/irradiated areas.
Grinder
Edited the title - if you use a quote from the Simpsons, use the correct version, damnit! grinbig.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Grinder @ Oct 26 2010, 04:07 AM) *
Edited the title - if you use a quote from the Simpsons, use the correct version, damnit! grinbig.gif

Mean, mean person. "Ze goggals - zey do nah-zing!"
Sesix
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 26 2010, 12:26 PM) *

lol thats always the way I heard it.
TheScrivener
This is actually a case of "Beam me up, Scotty!" It's actually, "My eyes! Ze goggles do nahzing!"
Grinder
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 26 2010, 06:26 PM) *

My fault! rotfl.gif
WhiskeyMac
You could get the barometric sensor, the atmospheric sensor and the radar sensor implanted in a hand-held sensor package that's shaped like a torc [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torc ] so you can wear it. Druids wore them so it would add to the image too. wink.gif

Yerameyahu
Nope. Not enough capacity. (That's 4, even if you meant UWB Radar [2], not Radar [5].)

However, you can make it work: you don't need the Baro sensor. It's for altitude or water depth. smile.gif So, UWB Radar [2] + Atmos [1] = Handheld Package [3].
KarmaInferno
Remember also that a standard commlink already has a camera, microphone, image/text scanner, RFID tag reader, and GPS sensors built in.

-k
sabs
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Oct 27 2010, 08:43 PM) *
Remember also that a standard commlink already has a camera, microphone, image/text scanner, RFID tag reader, and GPS sensors built in.

-k

Holycrap! it does

Yerameyahu
iPhone. The GPS is not 'real' satellite GPS, of course.
KarmaInferno
True, it uses the positions of the local wireless nodes rather than satellites, but it should be sufficient for most uses.

It won't work out in the deep wilderness, naturally.

-k
Yerameyahu
Well, I mention it because the OP is talking about a druid.
KarmaInferno
Okay.

Hey Sesix, get an actual uses-satellites GPS!

-k
Neraph
Or just a Satellite Link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012