Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Real "Gelpack" armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tzeentch
http://www.rdecom.army.mil/rdemagazine/200...iquidarmor.html

-- Bit different then the gel armor in shadowrun, but close enough for government work.
Chance359
Toys to keep tots safe. Can't wait to see how long it takes for this to filter down to my job (AF Security Forces).
Shadow
That is the coolest thing ever. I can't wait for that to be widespread in ten years or so.
Cray74
That is pretty frickin' cool.
ShadowPhoenix
where can I get some smile.gif I could see them soaking business suits in the stuff already! nyahnyah.gif think of it, armored clothing lines are coming soon!
Firewall
Do US Military websites actively reject non-US IPs? This is yet another army.mil site on my list of 'does not respond'...
ShadowPhoenix
if they did, man, talk about national security going way overboard nyahnyah.gif I would guess they could filter them, but as I'm in the states, I've not run into any problems hitting sites unless they're latent.
Kagetenshi
Ooh, shiny...
I want!

~J
mfb
i don't believe so, firewall; i'm in korea, using a commercial ISP, and i'm not blocked.

try using a proxy server--there are plenty of proxy .mil's available.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
Ooh, shiny...

What part of it was shiny?

To translate the stuff into SR rules, I'd categorize it as a treatment that increases the ballistic and impact armor up to half again the natural armor rating. Have it use up some or all of the customization points on the armor so you can't make completely unstoppable outfits. Or assume it is already a neccessary component of most armor types and is already included on all armor that can undergo the treatment.
Firewall
Ah well, think what might happen if a Limey Decker got wind of their new tech...

Looks good (Google cache is GOOD) but I wish I could see the pictures. I would like to second the 'me want' sentiment...
ShadowPhoenix
the pictures don't really enhance it much, a big pic of molecules in suspension and a bullet hitting a yellow square of clothe made from the substance. nothing too fancy. I'd love to soak my wardrobe in the stuff, especially my jump boots, they could use some more ankle support.
BitBasher
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm @ Mar 9 2004, 11:45 PM)
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Mar 9 2004, 06:16 PM)
Ooh, shiny...

What part of it was shiny?

Wu de tyen ah!

"Shiny" is a word I among others has added to my vocabulary from one of the best TV series in recent years.

It is the equivalent of "Cool", Dong ma?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012