Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Humans For Sale
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowPhoenix
Just found this Link and made me wonder, how close to shadowrun value of people this is. How much are you worth?
Kagetenshi
About 1.9 million, IIRC. Though I'm in better shape than I was then, so my value may have gone up...

~J
ShadowPhoenix
$2,274,158.00 is what they rated me at, must be my IQ, because I know I'm totally not in shape, and I told the truth on the form.
Kagetenshi
Woo! I appreciated significantly. $2,347,870.00.

Time to enjoy it. It won't be much longer that my value'll increase with time...

~J
ShadowPhoenix
yeah I wonder what the depreciation curve of a human is nyahnyah.gif
krishcane
$2,628,590.00.

I wonder if I can get an equity loan against that.

Of course, Buddha-forbid I default on such a loan.

--K
ShadowPhoenix
yeah I'd imagine getting repo'd would suck eek.gif
Firewall
$2,457,402.00

That must be IQ and... er... being amazingly sexy.
Talia Invierno
I didn't lie either, although I had to guestimate on two items. (I never did the SATT, and I've not bothered with an IQ test since a pre-interview test battery years ago, so I just put it down for what it was then.) I did the form twice, however, because I was curious:

As a female, I'm worth $2,293,910.00
As a male, I'm worth $2,534,910.00

Edit (!) -- like anyone would pay anything like that for me! ... maybe they are thinking earned over my lifetime in a western environment, including all "benefits"?

Gender was the only difference in the two forms. [Edit: oops -- that, and equating "size".]
Backgammon
I saw a story in the news the other day that said if you where to reduce a human to it's constituent materials (iron, sulphur, whatever), you'd make 56 cents.
ShadowPhoenix
yeah I always heard that if you broke down the human body into constituent elements you'd get around a buck, guess we've depreciated since then frown.gif
mfb
yes, repo would suck... out your brains!
ShadowPhoenix
wonder if you defaulted on your body if you could buy a reasonably priced used body nyahnyah.gif
John Campbell
Oh, yeah, like I'm going to fill out all my demographic information and then give them my email. Directed-marketing spam can blow me.
Domino
QUOTE (John Campbell)
Oh, yeah, like I'm going to fill out all my demographic information and then give them my email. Directed-marketing spam can blow me.

Pretty much what I said as soon as it asked for an email address, though I probably couldn't afford to get rid of me. frown.gif
ShadowPhoenix
I'm not worried, gotta love my spam protection. I really need to put linux back on my system and install Kmail with Spam-Assassin again, really great setup that was.
gknoy
QUOTE (ShadowPhoenix)
I'm not worried, gotta love my spam protection. I really need to put linux back on my system and install Kmail with Spam-Assassin again, really great setup that was.

[Off Topic]
Any tips on getting Spam Assassin working with QMail?
j/k, I just need to RTFM. A lot. A lot of FM's out there. wink.gif
[/Off Topic]
ShadowPhoenix
definitely are, haven't messed with it, didn't integrate any services into Qmail, but I did love that Server, setup quite nicely, and not as much a headache as say sendmail.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (John Campbell)

Not that they're trustworthy, because I have no idea, but I filled out my info about a year and a half, maybe two years ago and have only received about thirty pieces of spam to the email I used ever, so it can't be too bad.

~J
Slapstick
As far as the value of human life is concerned, don't forget how many pricy organs you have sitting in your body for a wealthy buyer. You are worth a good couple hundred thousand dollars right there. Ahh, organ-legging...
-Slapstick
Kagetenshi
Mmm, spinal cords...

~J
Voran
When you check out the high scores its rather funny, people with 180+ IQs. Sure. nyahnyah.gif And they're mostly under 21 years old. Heh. Seems we have whole generations of young-ins smarter than the brightest minds the world has previously seen.
Kagetenshi
Hey, as a 150, there's a whole .05% or somesuch of people out there who score higher than me... maybe they have nothing better to do, too.

~J
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Voran)
When you check out the high scores its rather funny, people with 180+ IQs. Sure. nyahnyah.gif And they're mostly under 21 years old. Heh. Seems we have whole generations of young-ins smarter than the brightest minds the world has previously seen.

Well if you check out my IQ scores over my life i've been getting more stupid..
age 10. about 170
age 16. 150
age 26. 153, 146, 83. 123.

strangly i've stopped having much faith in IQ tests.....
Kagetenshi
Are those all official? Remember, the tests you'll find online are crap... the official ones are usually decently consistant, though.

~J
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Shockwave IIc)
strangly i've stopped having much faith in IQ tests

Unless a test is designed and supervised by some very respected organisation of the field (such as MENSA), you shouldn't have any faith in them. The massive majority of commercial IQ tests average way above 100, often closer to 130. And there's so much more wrong with them, I won't waste this thread ranting about it.

QUOTE (ShadowPhoenix)
shadowrun value of people

What's that?
Shockwave_IIc
QUOTE (Kagetenshi @ Mar 10 2004, 05:28 AM)
Are those all official? Remember, the tests you'll find online are crap... the official ones are usually decently consistant, though.

~J

The one aged 10 was done by the govenment (cos i got put in care). the others don't think so.

I did a test about 4 year ago when i was considering joining the armed forces (a BARB test i think they called it) where i scored 60pts. Apparently it was the highest the staff sergeant had seen in the last 6 months, and he had never seen over 66. But i think i scored well due to the speed i did the test. 35minutes when they expet you to do it in 45-90.

I all depends i suppose on how "awake" i am. I tend to get bored quickly.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
QUOTE (ShadowPhoenix)
shadowrun value of people

What's that?

Typically, 2 nuyen.gif
Austere Emancipator
QUOTE (Herald of Verjigorm)
Typically, 2 nuyen.gif

Then that test certainly isn't very close, averaging well above 1,000,000 times as much.

It's good to know I'm worth $1,930,780, because I might be wanting to sell myself pretty soon.
Kagetenshi
Is there some sort of bulk discount?

~J
Drain Brain
No-one's getting a discount on my bulk! Full price all the way, baby!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012