Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Astral Combat Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nerdynick
Okay, so an activated weapon foci is dual natured. Does this mean that an astrally projecting mage or spirit can disarm an adept wielding an active weapon focus? Also, could an astral form pick up an active weapon foci?
Karoline
Not 100% sure about the first one, because they use astral combat, not melee combat when they are astral AFAIK. But yes, they could pick up an active weapon foci. Thought they deactivated if dropped or anything though. Could be wrong.
Summerstorm
Hm... i would say: They can disarm somebody (or even snatch an active focus). But if they do it on the astral they only get the astral side of the focus. Since that focus will deactivate automatically then (because it has no contact to the owner), all it would do is shut off. The owner can then reactivate it, when it is his turn.

Can be good... but will mostly be wasted time.

To the second: Since a focus needs to be in contact with the owner... no he can't. Even if he had some custom focus (or an active anchoring focus or something). He would only pick up the astral part...

Make of that what you will (It deactivates i think, or maybe he carries the effect with him- if it is a sustained mana spell).

This is of course all just my own ruling. Astral-physical interaction is not really described in much detail in this edition.
Yerameyahu
This question will be answered fully in an upcoming sourcebook!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 31 2010, 02:48 PM) *

A little Insider Information there Yerameyahu? wobble.gif
tagz
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 31 2010, 10:48 PM) *

Not that again. rollin.gif
Karoline
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 31 2010, 05:39 PM) *
A little Insider Information there Yerameyahu? wobble.gif

Just look at the FAQ. If the question includes the word 'astral' the answer is almost definitely "It will be covered in an upcoming sourcebook"
Nerdynick
Well, what I was looking at was that a weapon focus is dual natured. So while activated, it is tangible on the astral. So, in theory, it should be able to have kinetic energy imparted upon it from the astral. Just hit it at the right angle and it should go flying out of the wielder's hand, deactivating in the process. This means that a disarmed awakened has to go pick up the weapon, thus wasting actions.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 1 2010, 07:10 AM) *
Just look at the FAQ. If the question includes the word 'astral' the answer is almost definitely "It will be covered in an upcoming sourcebook"

I will believe it when I actually see it, Thak You... wobble.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012