Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghostwalker: Info on soulstones? (Eathdawn)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ned
Hey folks. I'm currently playing with a story about Ghostwalker and while reading the ED Dragons book again, I came across this reference in the story about Ghostscales.

"Together they enchanted a set of powerful soul-stones, similar to those used by the nethermancers of the Hold of Courage in ancient Cara Fahd..."

Can anyone point me in the direction of more info on these stones? Are they touched on in another ED book?
Wow, so many people looked at this. Yet nobody gave a response. I would love to help you, but my lack of knowledge on this part of the Shadowrun world is light to none, even with the few books I actually own in the fourth age.
Kagetenshi
*Sends up the AH-signal*

~J
L.D
He'll be back from vacation today or tomorrow. Depends on timezones and stuff like that.
Kagetenshi
Hopefully he's having a good vacation. Where is he, Parlainth?

~J
L.D
Nah... he's been online a couple of times... maybe Throal. grinbig.gif
Diesel
Uh?
L.D
Earthdawn locations.
K Oz
The Soulstones of Cara Fahd are basically similar to the memory crystals used by the dragons to store their lore. In the old ork kingdom of Cara Fahd (before the Scourge ravaged the world) an order of nethermancer put the souls of legendary ork heroes of Cara Fahd into magical stones, thus preserving their memory (and their soul, of course) in order to pass their knowledge on to the following generations. Unfortunately, the soulstones weren't brought to safety before the Scourge so that the Horrors had easy game with them when they found them.
More on the Soulstones of Cara Fahd can be found in the Earthdawn Adventure "Blades". If anyone is interested, I can send them the corresponding description via email. Just mail to k dot oz at gmx dot net.
Ancient History
Ned: What you want is the Blades adventure set for Earthdawn, the Cara Fahd sourcebook touches on soul-stones, but that's about it.

Oh, vacation's over. Howdy.

[/edit] Fark! A minute late.
L.D
Howdy. So, how was Throal? biggrin.gif
Ancient History
Can't say. I was in Massachusetts. nyahnyah.gif
Kagetenshi
Aww, you should've visited me!

~J, perfectly aware that visiting a rabid fanboy was probably one of those things that was actively being avoided
L.D
Aw... no I'm dissapointed... frown.gif
Ancient History
S'right. I think I've tracked down Dunwich and Arkham. Miskatonic Valley, here I come! :spin:
Large Mike

Cthulu in 2004: Why vote for the lesser of evils?
Ned
Excellent. Thanks folks. Much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012