Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incredible Change-Bot
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PresentPresence
I read about a concept that Neraph created where an AI rigger's home node was a cluster consisting of a Thundercloud Contrail with walker mode and two full mechanical arms with implanted commlinks. He meant it to be a bi-pedal only drone. However, this gave me an idea. An idea which GMs everywhere will probably hate me for.

You see, I had overlooked the fact that the walker mode modification removes the wheels in a vehicle. So when I read "with walker mode" my brain went, "TRANSFORMAR!" However, when I was informed of the contrary, I set out to make my own "non-invasive walker mode" modification. This modification would basically add a certain number of legs to give a wheeled-mode vehicle the option to change to a walker-mode vehicle. With a Complex Action (?), a vehicle that has come to a complete stop can unfold its legs and change to a walker-mode vehicle. Now, I suppose this is kind of broken/illogical, because who expects a Bulldog to suddenly erupt with caterpillar legs and walk down the street, resulting in the kind of terror usually reserved for an observer of The Luggage. So I suppose it would need a Body maximum. 3 slots, 10,000 new ones.
Here's what I designed for it: a motorcycle that, when stopped, can unfold its legs and arms and rise to a bipedal drone. I have my own fluffy story for it, but the idea is similar to Neraph's. The arm commlinks and drone's system are connected via fiber optic cable to a center commlink in its own compartment.

Thundercloud Contrail (5,000) [10 slots]
+Non-invasive Walker Mode (10,000) [3]
+Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization (1,800) [1]
+2 Full Mechanical Arms with Armor 2 and Implanted Commlinks (13,200) [4]
+Commlink Compartment (Same price as Smuggling Compartment, ensures commlink's safety even in rough driving conditions) (1,500) [1]
+Rigger Adaptation (2,500) [1]
+Response and Signal upgrade to 4 (2,500)
+Firewall upgraded to 5 (2,500)
3 Sony Emperor Commlinks with Response upgraded to 4 (8,100)
3 Novatech Navi OSs with Firewall upgraded to 5 (12,000)
Spoof Chip (500)
Morphing License Plate (1,000)
Total: 60,600

And they told me I was mad to try. spin.gif
So, with an AI with System 4 and Firewall 5, and a clustered node of 3 Commlinks, each with attributes at 4 (Firewall at 5), what would its clustered home node's matrix/hardware stats look like? Including such things as processor/persona limit.
Yerameyahu
I still say it's gotta be quadrupedal. wink.gif
PresentPresence
Can't I just add Strength enhancements to the cyberlimbs so that it can push itself up? Quadrupedal seems less useful, like you might as well just get regular walker mode for it.
Yerameyahu
No, that's what I mean: 4-wheeled vehicle = 4-legged vehicle. It doesn't make sense for something designed one way to change so dramatically.

This isn't a criticism of *your* idea, just a comment on Walker Mode in general. smile.gif In fact, the book mentions something about how Walker minidrones tend to be spiders/bugs, and larger vehicles tend to be bipedal; I just don't buy it.
Medicineman
Is there no Daihatsu Horseman in the Englisch Arsenal ?
I bought one (with Walker Mod,ext Freightmodule) & Pimped it Up to be a Transformer
(now my Hobbit TM needs the Skills to ride it(exotic Vehicle Mech and Gunnery))

HeyaHeyaHeya
Medicineman
PresentPresence
Yeah there is, but it's not a motorcycle. Also, howsabout Double Revolution Hellfire Droids? Pewpew!
Karoline
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Nov 12 2010, 05:55 AM) *
Is there no Daihatsu Horseman in the Englisch Arsenal ?
I bought one (with Walker Mod,ext Freightmodule) & Pimped it Up to be a Transformer
(now my Hobbit TM needs the Skills to ride it(exotic Vehicle Mech and Gunnery))

HeyaHeyaHeya
Medicineman

There is.

@Present - why implanted commlinks in the arms? That doesn't make any sense to me. As to why you why you would bother with it that is, not how you could do it.
Yerameyahu
Neraph told him to cluster them. He could just velcro them inside the cockpit, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012