Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanic Ruling
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
klinktastic
Is it generally accepted that Clubs (Improvised Weapons) skill and speciality are applied to attack rolls made by firearms acting as melee weapons? Obviously they'd have melee hardening. What about using your firearms as melee weapons for the benefit of parry? Could you take Clubs (Parry) and have that apply to parry rolls?
ProfGast
From Arsenal improvised melee weapons:
QUOTE (Arsenal @ pg17)
Pistols: Reach: — Damage:Str/2P AP: — Skill:Clubs
Rifle Butt: Reach: 1 Damage: (Str/2+1)P AP:— Skill:Clubs

I don't see why you couldn't parry with them either. I mean, there are no actual rules you can't parry with say, a Monofilament Whip using Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Monowhip. Using a gun would probably be easier than that
capt.pantsless
QUOTE (ProfGast @ Nov 12 2010, 12:46 PM) *
I don't see why you couldn't parry with them either.

You can certainly parry with a gun, however, even with melee hardening, there should be a common-sense chance for damage to the weapon. I.e. parrying a club shouldn't cause any problems, but a crescent laser axe might...
Saint Sithney
Generally you parry an axe at the haft or by striking the side of the blade away from its target. Deflecting an axe blade is never a good choice.
Critias
QUOTE (Saint Sithney @ Nov 12 2010, 09:34 PM) *
Deflecting an axe blade is never a good choice.

Depends on the alternative. grinbig.gif
Aku
QUOTE (Critias @ Nov 12 2010, 09:57 PM) *
Depends on the alternative. grinbig.gif

Deflecting an oncoming axe blade with youe Ruger 100 sports rifle, and busting it: 900 nuyen.gif
Deflecting an oncoming axeblade with you skull and getting your greymatter stuffed into a new cyber skull: 15,000 nuyen.gif
Hoping your street doc doesnt add a few "options: Priceless.

Some things are priceless, for everything else, theres MasterVisa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012