Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can PC Sapient critters take Chimeric/Warform quality
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
naga-nuyen
Hello Runners, I have tried to read up on this...and before I throw it my GM's way I wanted to ask you.

What do you think of a Naga taking Chimieric/warform that has thicker hide, potent venom, and maybe increase to agility? I want to create a Naga that is viable to close in combat. I know I can take adept, but there is still working around His low armor (can't ware any...at least it is said in Running wild that they have not found a modification for it to work yet) and I would want to play a Mystic Adept to gain the spell changeshape to blend in (Human if I keep my body to 5).

Any further thoughts to help out concept would be cool, and thanks for any impute.
Yerameyahu
Munchkin. biggrin.gif (I'm just teasing.) If you're going mystic adept, just get magical armor.

AFAIK, both chimeric and warform are genetic engineering on critters. I feel like Naga, which have a society, might object to eugenics and franken-testing on them. smile.gif Theoretically, some corp is almost certainly doing this, but it seems *really* black.

Ignoring fluff concerns, how do you price them? Naga don't have a cost, do they? Even if they did: "These costs presume a standard genetic model which has already been produced. The research and development of a brand new Warform is astronomically higher." and "These costs presume that a viable sample has already been produced. The research and development of an untested new Chimeric is much higher." So, you're basically the classic bad example 'escaped super-soldier prototype' character. biggrin.gif
naga-nuyen
I was actually thinking of having him starting out owned....Corp, organization, syndicate.....not sure yet. Infusing the society and behaviors of the owner (maybe Japanese culture) to bind his loyalties and develop his personality. I will have him a tool for more experienced (and more human) agents to use, when in Seattle. Maybe giving him a secondary mission, that he is not aware of until the trigger is hit.

Whatever he takes, I will only want to play him if I can come up with a deep story/ background. Yeah i want a strong PC, but more important one that has something to offer the GM for story purposes.

Thanks for writing though, This is just a rough concept...and even after writing him out may not bring him to light as a PC.

For price, I would think a quality would work....10BP for the one ability, 15 for 2, and 25 for three....or something like it. What do you think?
Yerameyahu
I'm not sure. Qualities tend to be much… less. Most enhanced senses are 5BP qualities, for example, while increased stat *caps* are like 20? And now you don't have room to be a mystic adept. smile.gif
naga-nuyen
good point lol, well no worries. I think this one will be put way on the back burner. Have a good day and again thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012