Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two weapon style
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zyerne
When using two weapon style with guns as melee weapons, can you use one for Full Defense and fire the other one or are you limited to a melee attack?
Makki
I'm pretty sure. although you will need to negate the offhand modifier -2 and the shooting in melee -3.
Karoline
I'd guess no. It specifically mentions melee weapons, and guns being fired aren't melee weapons, they're ranged weapons.
Neraph
Two Weapon Defense does not specify that the attack you're allowed to be must be a physical attack. Neither does Riposte. Or Setup or Full Offense.

Gun-Fu for the win.
Karoline
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 16 2010, 03:21 PM) *
Two Weapon Defense does not specify that the attack you're allowed to be must be a physical attack. Neither does Riposte. Or Setup or Full Offense.

Gun-Fu for the win.

You mean magic-fu don't you? Full defense with your offhand while you cast a stunbolt. wink.gif
Shrike30
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 16 2010, 12:54 PM) *
You mean magic-fu don't you? Full defense with your offhand while you cast a stunbolt. wink.gif

My stunbolts come in magazines smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 16 2010, 02:54 PM) *

Depends on your interpretation of "melee weapon with Reach 0 or 1." That may or may not include Unarmed Combat.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't matter about interpretation. It specifically mentions melee weapons you wield, and you don't wield unarmed attacks.
Yerameyahu
Presumably, Neraph, those are all just broken rules. wink.gif
mmmkay
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 16 2010, 01:54 PM) *

Wow I've never thought of that. Full offense, multi-strike, and riposte also satisfy magic-fu.
Neraph
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 16 2010, 06:12 PM) *
Presumably, Neraph, those are all just broken rules. wink.gif

As per RAW, unarmed attacks do not satisfy Two Weapon Fighting or Riposte.

You can dual wield telescoping batons though. You don't actually need a free hand to cast spells (unless you have a Geas), just LoS.
Zyerne
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 16 2010, 08:21 PM) *

Gun-Fu for the win.

This is what prompted the question. A melee hardened pistol is a reach 0 melee weapon that happens to fire bullets.

The question arose as one of my players specifically requested a gun-fu character and I couldn't see anything directly disallowing it.
Fix-it
QUOTE (Karoline @ Nov 16 2010, 02:20 PM) *
I'd guess no. It specifically mentions melee weapons, and guns being fired aren't melee weapons, they're ranged weapons.

this is incorrect. they also serve as clubs.
Yerameyahu
… Not while being fired. smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Nov 17 2010, 09:38 AM) *
… Not while being fired. smile.gif

Only the one used for defence needs to be a melee weapon and pistol qualifies just fine, what with it being a club and all.
Yerameyahu
Yes, but that's not what Karoline said, and not what Fix-it therefore responded to. smile.gif See?

Karoline: "guns being fired aren't melee weapons, they're ranged weapons."

Fix-it: "this is incorrect. they also serve as clubs."
Zyerne
As the idea of someone batting aside a sword/club with one gun and blasting them in the chest with another has a certain cinematic appeal (and I'm the GM in this case) I think I'm going to allow it, with restrictions on what manouvers. I think I'll allow Riposte but not Setup or Finishing Strike.

The troll in the group can have those two smile.gif
Makki
they only need to be melee weapons, while executing the Maneuver. And you do this in your Full Defense action, which is not your complex action to attack.

if you had only one pistol, you could of course parry with said pistol and will fire it, whenever your next action comes up. just not full parry, because then you totally moved it out of any useful position. Nobody will deny this.

@above, Finishing Move specifically says melee attack, but well, the others don't, but I can see Set-Up to work just fine. it's like giving up an action to make a called shot next time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012