Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Damage => SR4 Damage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jizmack
Does anyone know or have a link to some conversion rules for changing Shadowrun-3 damage rating to Shadowrun-4 damage value and armor piercing value?

I thank anyone in advance for any feedback.
Karoline
Haven't seen anything like that. I suggest looking at some of the basic weapons and seeing what the numbers were changed to.
Jizmack
I found this: http://www.hoosierhackerhouse.com/sr4/sr4_damage_conv.html
But it's not an accurate conversion because its designed to "boost" damage values.
Karoline
QUOTE (Jizmack @ Nov 24 2010, 05:26 PM) *
I found this: http://www.hoosierhackerhouse.com/sr4/sr4_damage_conv.html
But it's not an accurate conversion because its designed to "boost" damage values.

Wow, ouch yeah. That is way way way too high to be an accurate conversion.
Critias
What damage, exactly, is it you're needing to convert?

Melee weapons (and the basic formula for melee damage) is already covered, for the most part. Just look at the SR3 weapon, look at the SR4 weapon, and voila. Likewise for firearms, explosives, ramming/crashing damage, falling damage, spell damage...

...what's missing, that requires a "conversion chart" or something, instead of just looking up the source of the damage under the regular SR4 rules?
Karoline
I'm guessing some specific weapon that wasn't converted.
MJBurrage
I am pretty sure that they never used any kind of formula for SR1, SR2/3, or SR4. Rather they just picked some values for Heavy Pistol and Assault Rifle that seemed to work well with the system, and then fit in the others as weaker, in-between, or strronger based on popular perception of the weapons.

So as others mentioned find the most similar weapon already in the game, and go with its damage.

Along those line I made a Shadowrun caliber table over at SWW (since tables don't work here).
Jizmack
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Nov 24 2010, 06:40 PM) *
Along those line I made a Shadowrun caliber table over at SWW (since tables don't work here).

Nice table!
Jizmack
QUOTE (Critias @ Nov 24 2010, 04:29 PM) *
What damage, exactly, is it you're needing to convert?

exotic damages, like 2D.
Karoline
High damage, positive AP.
Critias
QUOTE (Jizmack @ Nov 25 2010, 10:03 PM) *
exotic damages, like 2D.

2D from what source? Is it a specific weapon, a fall, a narcotic, an unarmed attack (low strength, lots of Killing Hands, maybe?), or what?

Because it really seems to me that rather than convert over a given damage code, the logical (and easy, which is just as important!) way to go is to worry about the source of the damage, and see how it is handled under the new rule system. I'm not harping on it to be difficult, but -- in fact -- for quite the opposite reason. Rather than handling it on a damage code per damage code basis, it seems like figuring out the problem, to make the same situation more easily converted next time, would be the way to go.
Toptomcat
QUOTE (Critias @ Nov 24 2010, 08:29 PM) *
...what's missing, that requires a "conversion chart" or something, instead of just looking up the source of the damage under the regular SR4 rules?

Dikote! grinbig.gif
Matsci
QUOTE (Toptomcat @ Nov 26 2010, 03:00 PM) *
Dikote! grinbig.gif

No, it's not. Everything that could possibly give a benefit from Dikote in 2070s comes with it already.

The age of Diamond is upon us!
Medicineman
QUOTE (Toptomcat @ Nov 26 2010, 07:00 PM) *
Dikote! grinbig.gif

-1AP
And If you spent 1 complex Action to make it "Glisten and Gleam" it gives you the "Pimp Effect" (+1 Dice to Intimidate the Enemy)

Hough !
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012