Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: real life wageslaves
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/11/30/walt-...y-world-em.html

One thing to consider is that the Walt Disney World complex is its own municipality. As long as the corporation do not break State or Federal law, they are free to do as they please within the park. A level at least, would probably be AA or AAA if they could get true extra-territoriality...
Doc Chase
Not surprised, though I'm curious as to why nobody's said a word about fast food employees trying to unionize.

If anything, they should have a shot at health care.
Draco18s
Yeah. I went to a little presentation at college for working at Disney and went "hell no, I'd rather be unemployed!"
Tiralee
"I don't think you realise that the opportunity we're offering you is a non-negotiable one, Mr Draco. You will be working with us, in one way or another..."

<The Suit puts on sunglasses, nods at the bodyguards and leaves you with a stack of documents, already notorised and apparently signed by yourself.>

Time to find some shadows, chummer:)
tagz
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Dec 2 2010, 12:44 AM) *
"I don't think you realise that the opportunity we're offering you is a non-negotiable one, Mr Draco. You will be working with us, in one way or another..."

<The Suit puts on sunglasses, nods at the bodyguards and leaves you with a stack of documents, and an enourmous Goofy mascot outfit, that apparently fits you perfectly.>

Time to find some shadows, chummer:)

fixed for context, and far more sinister wobble.gif
hobgoblin
going to be working aztecpark, are we?
SleepIncarnate
So what does that make Google with their upcoming Arcology? At least an AA I'd think.
Method
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Dec 1 2010, 10:18 AM) *
Not surprised, though I'm curious as to why nobody's said a word about fast food employees trying to unionize.

If anything, they should have a shot at health care.

There is a certain irony there...
Tiralee
God, I have so an evil run mapped out in my head now, regarding the delivery of some C12 & dets to a disgruntled employee wearing a mascot suit.

"You think it's funny? Not so fraggin funny NOW, is it Mouse? Hhuh? Huh? What, no little giggle and an offer to be friends?! No so friendly are we?!"

-and then have MouseCorp hire the runners to take down the explosives-wearing madman discreetly as the employee was smart enough to either mark, wire or bug the usual "discreet troubleshooters" that MouseCorp keeps on site.

Nothing like a "nobody Wins" Shadowruin in the happiest place on earth.

-Tir.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 2 2010, 01:49 AM) *
There is a certain irony there...

Dare I say...

A delicious irony?
Method
In deed. biggrin.gif
Method
Interesting related story...
Draco18s
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 2 2010, 11:59 AM) *

Not to laugh at misfortune, but that's actually kind of funny.
Tiralee
"As word of the homicide blew around town like the leaves from the maple trees that line the sidewalks, people started to worry."

....Dear gods, I've never wished to punch someone over the internet as badly as I did after I read that story.
Not the murderer, the reporter.
Kagetenshi
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 1 2010, 11:14 AM) *
would probably be AA or AAA if they could get true extra-territoriality...

Tautologically. Having been granted extraterritoriality is the defining feature of an AA-level corp (well, that and not having a seat on the Corporate Court if you want a definition that excludes AAA-level).

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012