Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Shadowrun First
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
So... while the pixie mage got to the penthouse, through the ventilation shafts, to extract data from the executive's computer, and the rest of the team got in the basement to deal with the security system, my Free Spirit took up position at the bottleneck at the top of the main elevator/stairs and the bottom of the executive elevator/ladder, where the security barracks were. She kept the bulk of the grunts tied up in their quarters, shrugging off bullets and stunbolting in every direction. Holding the way open for her teammates to make their way to the roof and extraction.

Things got hairy when a toxic spirit appeared, but she dealt with it in one blast, to the GM's chagrin. The GM lightened up when he made his joke about this corp having toxic assets. Hmmm... what kind of mage was the security magician? Things got hairier when the security forces took the secret way out through the back of the executive elevator and tried an end run while the elevator was up. But she held that foray off, too, surviving the electrical shocks and bullets until they gave up and closed the doors. Then she got the bright idea of trapping them... she pressed the button to call the elevator down. Trapped them fine, under the elevator and behind it. Then the door opened.... revealing the mage who had been waiting to come down.

Her last two Edge points later, the mage was at 9 Stun boxes, but Banished her home to Valhalla. She spent the rest of the run in a meadhall, wondering how the boys made out.
Neraph
Epic. I love the tagline too.

EDIT: Might I suggest holding on to at least one point of Edge in the event you get Banished? Edge the Test to try and get a lot of successes and knock the Mage out. Brownie Points if you already do.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 7 2010, 05:41 PM) *
Epic. I love the tagline too.

EDIT: Might I suggest holding on to at least one point of Edge in the event you get Banished? Edge the Test to try and get a lot of successes and knock the Mage out. Brownie Points if you already do.
That is exactly the plan. This particular time, I played her young and inexperienced (which she is) and used up her Edge nuking a whole bunch of grunts and in going first against the mage with an Edged Stunbolt. Even so, combining her last Stunbolt and the Drain of the Banishing attempt, she got within one box of Stun of taking him down anyway. But close only counts in tossing horseshoes. And the GM finally got to take out that damn spirit whom bullets and other spirits just could not scratch. He needed a win, too.

Now my Free Spirit knows better and will begin to think a little farther ahead.
Neraph
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Dec 7 2010, 04:53 PM) *
That is exactly the plan. This particular time, I played her young and inexperienced (which she is) and used up her Edge nuking a whole bunch of grunts and in going first against the mage with an Edged Stunbolt. Even so, combining her last Stunbolt and the Drain of the Banishing attempt, she got within one box of Stun of taking him down anyway. But close only counts in tossing horseshoes. And the GM finally got to take out that damn spirit whom bullets and other spirits just could not scratch. He needed a win, too.

Now my Free Spirit knows better and will begin to think a little farther ahead.

Nice. Almost/Close also counts in hand grenades (and other explosives).

Do you not use the SnS halving your ItNW? That should greatly detract from your character unless you're also wearing armor with Nonconductivity. And what about APDS? F6 spirits are still pretty easy to pop if you try a little.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 7 2010, 05:59 PM) *
Nice. Almost/Close also counts in hand grenades (and other explosives).
Do you not use the SnS halving your ItNW? That should greatly detract from your character unless you're also wearing armor with Nonconductivity. And what about APDS? F6 spirits are still pretty easy to pop if you try a little.
Our team used SnS extensively against the security, including another spirit summoned by the magician. The security didn't use SnS against my Free Spirit, and having already seen its effectiveness elsewhere, she would have bolted for the astral and tried another tack had they used that tool. Nor did they have APDS. They did, however, have stun batons which they used to great effect. That used up an Edge or two.
Raven the Trickster
It certainly got a laugh out of the table when we realized what she had done. SnS rounds are nice, and given the choice they're just about all my character shoots (although I do plan to pick up some APDS for a good lethal round. Currently using EX-EX for that.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012