Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you play?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
sunnyside
I would have expected that this board would be a fairly up to date SR4 community. However I'm getting some flavor that we have a fair bit of variation here. I'm curious how much.

I'd have thrown an "other" in there if I'd had an 11th selection. And of course I figure some amount of house ruling or setting deviation will exist in every game, I'm curuious about the "main" stuff.

Myself I tend to use SR4 rules (I love the wireless matrix), but use a setting that is basically the early 2050s (just without the cyberdecks and some gear deviations. )
Kagetenshi
I use SR3 with a small but growing list of fixes ("SR3R", per the signature), though setting-wise I find I end up running games in the 2054-2058 timespan most of the time (for one thing, it's neat to read about but how fun is it really to run in a world without Fuchi?).

~J
nezumi
I also vote for SR3R.

Since that's 66% of your respondents so far, perhaps you'd like to modify your poll?
sunnyside
Is SR3R radically different or is it something like a set of houserules that an individual might have, except a bunch of people collaborated on them?

Kagetenshi
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Dec 7 2010, 01:34 PM) *
Is SR3R radically different or is it something like a set of houserules that an individual might have, except a bunch of people collaborated on them?

It's in the slow process of diverging as near-endless debates on certain points eventually trend towards resolution, but aside from some aggressive combining of Utilities/System Tests I don't actually think it's yet different enough for a separate poll option.

~J
pbangarth
QUOTE (nezumi @ Dec 7 2010, 01:10 PM) *
I also vote for SR3R.

Since that's 66% of your respondents so far, perhaps you'd like to modify your poll?
Not any more.
Summerstorm
Hm... would love to play a SR3 campaign again...

I am a gm in a SR4A round though. Because my players had all the new books and wanted to use them. I am a bit nostalgic and like SR2/SR3 hybrid rules more.
sunnyside
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Dec 7 2010, 03:04 PM) *
Hm... would love to play a SR3 campaign again...

I am a gm in a SR4A round though. Because my players had all the new books and wanted to use them. I am a bit nostalgic and like SR2/SR3 hybrid rules more.

Wait, I thought the aniversary edition had the same rules and setting stuff, just better presentation, indexing, and the like.
sabs
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Dec 7 2010, 09:37 PM) *
Wait, I thought the aniversary edition had the same rules and setting stuff, just better presentation, indexing, and the like.

no SR4A has errata/word changes/rules changes that are no where else
Dahrken
While the rule mechanism stays the same, there have been several rule changes and clarifications between SR4 and SR4A. For exemple increasing an Attribute is now 5x Karma point instead of 3x.
Stahlseele
IF i get to play?
SR3.5eg . .
sunnyside
*double post*
sunnyside
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 7 2010, 03:46 PM) *
IF i get to play?
SR3.5eg . .

I'm hoping that's a D&D joke as opposed to an actual ruleset.
sabs
I only really like SR1, and I'm okay with some of SR2. But really, if it wasn't written by FASA it's not as good smile.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (sunnyside @ Dec 7 2010, 09:56 PM) *
I'm hoping that's a D&D joke as opposed to an actual ruleset.

A bit of both actually.
The GERMAN Version is called SR3.1D(D=for deutsch which means German)
But we combine it with the english version, so it's not 3.1D but 3.1GE(German/English)
And then comes Errata/House-Rules and we are at 3.2GE. And then some stuff we converted from SR4 and other Games and we are now at 3.5GE.
Cube
We play SR4, set in 2070 Miami, which the DM has modified enough so that it's pretty much homebrew.

Mercer
I voted SR4, because that's what I play when I get to play. If I had my druthers, I'd pick SR3.
ravensmuse
Not in a current group yet, but my preference would be 4a.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012