Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nevada
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
L.D
I'm looking for a name of a town located in Nevada close to both Idaho and Utah. This is not a search for a particular town, I'm just looking after the name of a town that exists today. Preferably a smaller town with few visitors. The sort of town that might be abandoned when NAN takes over.

I'm also looking for a place in Ute, which could hold an anglo reservation. Preferably somewhere west of Salt Lake, which puts it close to the town I was looking for. Though I want them to de at least one days drive apart.

Any help is appriciated. smile.gif
DV8
A totally Off-Topic and funny thing that happened to me in the Nevada desert about a year-and-a-half ago; Cash, Jestyr and I were driving back to Cali from GenCon/Bulldrek Gathering and the car breaks down in the middle of the fucking Nevada desert. We'd been looking at the map while driving along, seeing all this shithole towns with 16 inhabitants, which were clearly marked on the map. These are the types of towns that wouldn't even be a blip on the map where I live (The Netherlands.)

So out of nowhere this nice couple comes driving up, offering to take one of us to the nearest time, many kilometers up the road, to get a tow-truck. Cash decides to go while Jestyr and I stay behind, waterbottle in hand.

We got a nice visit from our friendly neighbourhood state trooper. So we're chatting along after we explain why we're there, what happened and why we both have funny accents, and I ask him why all these little shithole towns get mentioned on the map, to which he replies that if they wouldn't put anything on the map with less than, say, 1000 inhabitants, Nevade would consist of Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City, leaving the rest of the map blank. smile.gif
Abstruse
Hmmm...Contact, NV, and Wilkins, NV, both look like good candidates.

Population figures for Nevada
MapQuest

Between the two of those, you should be able to make your choice of towns. Pretty much the only towns in NV with populations over 5,000 (which would make evacuating them entirely harder to do) are Las Vegas and the other Clark County cities (Boulder City, Henderson, etc.), Elko, Winnemucca, Reno, Sparks, and Pahrump. I can't find any other cities with any sort of decent populations in the whole state, so just go on MapQuest and pick the one in the geographic location you like best.

I did your legwork for Nevada, you get to do your own for Utah. I don't mess with Mormons if I can help it nyahnyah.gif Try searching on Google for "Utah Population" and correlate that data with MapQuest to pick the town you want.

The Abstruse One
L.D
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
BitBasher
Calling Elko and Pahrump population centers makes me giggle.

A good chunk of the small towns within 2 hours of Las Vegas because each one is supporetd by one or 2 legal Brothels.
Rajaat99
There's a little town called Battle Mountain. It's almost gone as is.
tisoz
Battle Mountain, voted The Armpit of America, or so the billboards say.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012