Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anti-glare sunglasses
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
http://fashionablygeek.com/accessories/con...o-reduce-glare/

Crazy cool!
Fyndhal
One step closer to Peril Sensitive Sunglasses!
KamikazePilot
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 17 2010, 03:11 AM) *

what happens when the batery runs out mid drive and the glare hits you while you are trying to change lanes at speed?

i reckon i will stick to my simple polarised raybans. just something about overcomplicating a very simple solution just for the sake of it doesnt sit right.
pbangarth
QUOTE (KamikazePilot @ Dec 17 2010, 02:32 AM) *
what happens when the batery runs out mid drive and the glare hits you while you are trying to change lanes at speed?

i reckon i will stick to my simple polarised raybans. just something about overcomplicating a very simple solution just for the sake of it doesnt sit right.
Most modern battery powered devices give a warning when the battery is getting low. This could, too. How about a cable that plugs into the lighter outlet, as your phone charger does? Then it never runs out.

I've done a lot of east-west driving, and no conventional sunglasses work well in direct, low-elevation sunlight. If they are strong enough to keep the sunlight from hurting, you can't see the road well enough.
Draco18s
I've been wanting to make/waiting for something like this for decades.* I've known that it would be possible (I figured it would take two cameras to locate the bright spots and accurately triangulate to a location in the viewer's vision). I'd have done it as a car windshield modification, rather than sunglasses, but hey, sunglasses go anywhere.

*Note: I'm only 25 years old. Tells you how long I've hated the cursed orb in the sky.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012