Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fastest Character?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thistledown
Seing as there's already a thread for highest body, what about fastest character?

The most I've been able to get is quickness 15, with a reaction of 27 and 12 initiative dice, but lookin at it again, I can probably tweak it even higher.

No, it's not a starting character, but it's not using karma to purely up attributes directly, which would allow infinite with enough karma.

120 points build:
Elf metavarient: NightOnes
500nuyen
phys-ad: path of the mage
35 attributes
6 skills (I never said he was usefull)
8th level initiate to offset magic loss

6 quickness, 6 int, 6 will = 6 reaction
+0q exceptional att qui (up the cap)
+1q put into that new cap
+1q bonus attribute
+2q night one
+2rct, +2ini Boosted Reflexes[3](D) (1.40 essence)
+6rct Reaction Enhance[6](D) (.90 essence)
+4q cul.Muscle Toner4 (1.20 bio)
+1rct cul.Enhanced Articulation (.45 bio)
+2qck, +2wil, +4rct cul.Adrenal Pump2 (1.88 bio)
+1rct, +1q cul.Suprathyroid Gland (1.05 bio)
+2int cul.Cerebral Booster2 (.80 bio)
+2ini cul Synaptic Accelerator2 (1.00 bio)
this totals to a bio index of 6.38 and an essenceof 4.6

+3ini Improved Reflexes Level 3 with geas (3.75 power points)
Magical power (1.0 power point)
+3ini Sustaining an Increase Reflexes 3 on himself.

although looking at the errata on the books now, I see some more conflicts on thing, so I guess it doesn't work now. But how much have the rest of you managed to get?
Grey
You can't stack cyber reaction increases with magical ones.
L.D
Even with karma there is still a limit to attributes (Attribute Maximum).
cykotek
Thread last month dealing with this question. Please don't resurrect this particular number-crunching this soon.
toturi
The fastest character is one on a rocket to one of the deep space stations.
Shockwave_IIc
What about a character who has the wired reflexes card played on them and an ability to roll mulitple 4+'s?? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Thistledown
Gomen. I thought I had checked the old threads but I see it now on the last page. I'll try not to do it again.
mfb
the fastest character i'm aware of uses a high-force levitate spell and a high-force air elemental (er... or is that spirit of air? whichever one has the Movement power). he can move at something like 500+ mph.
Diesel
500 ny can't buy you shit for cyber.
Shockwave_IIc
So Thistledown. What is the answer you have concluded?

[Sorry for i is in a silly mood, long hrs at work, beer etc.etc.]
toturi
QUOTE (mfb)
the fastest character i'm aware of uses a high-force levitate spell and a high-force air elemental (er... or is that spirit of air? whichever one has the Movement power). he can move at something like 500+ mph.

Suborbitals go at multiple time the speed of sound, somewhere in the neighbourhood of thousands of kphs. See? A rigger can go fastest. But an astral form may have higher speeds on earth.
Diesel
I play a laser beam in my game, bitches.
Austere Emancipator
I play a laser pulse wave-front in a dispersive gas medium. 310c, bwahahaha!
Moonstone Spider
I play a mass of tachyons, particles which actually gain energy as they go faster and cannot move slower than light under any conditions, but have no ultimate maximum speed.

(A cookie to whoever can figure out the one thing that can outrun tachyons).
mfb
er, my post was supposed to include something about how i was limiting to personal--that is, non-vehicular--physical speed.

310*speed of light? i must google.

answer to moonstone's challenge: an on with a sense of style.
toturi
Depending on whether there is a Gaiasphere outside Earth and whether the metaplanes extent outside of the physical limits of the gaiasphere, it may be possible for a spirit to travel via metaplanes from place to place instantaneously. If that is true, then a spirit could easily beat anything, since instant teleportation cannot be beat by any speed.
Austere Emancipator
Thing is, my character (the laser pulse wave-front) is so fast, it reaches place B before it even leaves place A. It beats teleportation by a clear margin.
Diesel
You are teh win. :\
toturi
QUOTE (Austere Emancipator)
Thing is, my character (the laser pulse wave-front) is so fast, it reaches place B before it even leaves place A. It beats teleportation by a clear margin.

Depending on how you view the metaplanes, you might be able to go back in time too. Have fun.
Austere Emancipator
So you give an elemental all the European football(/soccer) scores for the past month and tell it to jump around in the metaplanes until it gets to your character 1 month before? Sweet. So, uhh, why hasn't anyone done that before?
Lantzer
QUOTE (Moonstone Spider)
I play a mass of tachyons, particles which actually gain energy as they go faster and cannot move slower than light under any conditions, but have no ultimate maximum speed.

(A cookie to whoever can figure out the one thing that can outrun tachyons).

Yum. I like cookies.

The fastest thing is: Kingship.

A royal heir becomes king immediately upon the death of the king. Even if the heir doesn't know it yet. So a comment by the heir can become retroactively a comment by the king.

Fun, eh?

Maybe Johnathan Livingston Seagull can outrun kingship.

On a more physical note, plane wave impinging on a boundary has an apparent speed related to the angle between the boundary and the wave-front. As the angle approaches zero, the apparent wave speed approaches infinity. (Although interesting, it's unfortunately not very useful, as the 'apparent' wave cannot carry any information).

(Of course, modern physics plays such havoc with the concept of time that 'fastest' becomes meaningless).
mfb
the Metaplace of Destiny allows you to play out a scenario that takes place in the past. and metaplanar quests often result in clues that indicate the quest might not have been metaphorical--that is, the questor is left wondering if it was all a 'dream', or if maybe it might have really happened. ergo, one might possibly be able to go back in time and change things, via a metaplanar quest.

any GM who allows characters to do this in order to win lotteries/sports betting should be shot without ceremony.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012