Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We be Moving
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Chance359
Here's the OOC thread.

One thing I would like to stress real quick is how much I hate the fencing rules in the core book. So as of right now, stuff is bought at book price, can be resold for 50% + (Charisma + Negotiations). Restricted gear is 1.5x base price when selling, more with a permit included... Forbidden gear is 3x base price when selling. All of this is dependent of being able to find a buyer.

Ex, you buy a pair of Mage site googles for 2,000, you can turn around and fence them for 1500 + your roll.

I encourage you to all use your contacts and the Matrix to find out whats hot in different places across the continent.

Now if everyone could give me a quick roll for lifestyle to determine starting case we can get this game underway.

J. Packer
I will be goddamned...

Padre will start with 20Y in his pocket. No wonder he's so desperate for work.
[ Spoiler ]

I guess it's good to get the glitches out of my system on something like that... but I'm in desperate need of a payday!
Copied his character sheet from the recruiting thread.
[ Spoiler ]
Karoline
[Reserved for character sheet if I ever manage to finish it up x.x]

So quick questions:
1) So if mage site googles were forbidden, we could buy them for 2,000 and then sell them for 3k + roll?
2) How much is + roll? Is that added percentiles or 5% per hit or what?
Chance359
1) So if mage site googles were forbidden, we could buy them for 2,000 and then sell them for 3k + roll?
2) How much is + roll? Is that added percentiles or 5% per hit or what?

1 yes, if you can find a buyer, have any contacts who need one?
2 5 percent per net hit. No cap as of yet.

I'm trying to come up with a rule or two that will make it profitable to buy in one place and sell in another, suggestions welcome.
J. Packer
Can we get a brief summary of the team membership and their jobs, as well as the kind of hardware and cargo capacity we're sporting? I mean, I know I'm astral overwatch and as such essentially get to spend a good deal of time sleeping on the plane, as it were, but that leaves me in the dark as to whether or not we have the necessary juice to take on both jobs. I mean, it's a ton of cargo - could we do that with what we have?
Ramaloke
Adrian Clarke, AKA Alex Tanner

Character Info

Background

Questionare
[ Spoiler ]

Starting nY, Result Multiplied by 50. (3d6=16), 800 nuyen.gif
Xiuhaun
Starting kash for Hotuaekhaashtait
[ Spoiler ]

Hotu's roles include: navigator through Sioux territory, an offensive weapon when you need a meatshield to hide behind, and a defensive weapon on the move (gunner) for guarding transportation from other vultures in our travels.
Chance359
Unless I've missed something, the only vehicles I've seen posted are:

Blohm & Voss Spitzenreiter: (Pilot: 3 Firewall: 4 Signal: 4 Response: 4)
-Additional Fuel Tank (Stock)
-Concealed Armor 6
-Ducted Waterjet
-Hydrofoil
-Improved Economy
-Manual Control Override: Drive by Wire
-Shielded Smuggling Compartment
-Spoof Chip
>>>> Utility Water craft p111

Renault-Fiat Fokker Tundra 9 (Pilot: 4 Firewall: 5 Signal: 5 Response: 5)
-Flotation (Stock)
-Additional Fuel Tank
-ECM 6
-Engne Improvement: Speed
-Improved Takeoff & Landing 1
-Lock-On Countermeasures
-Manual Control Override: Fly by Wire
-Shielded Smuggling Compartment
-Spoof Chip
>>>>> Amphibious Jet

Thundercloud Morgan (Pilot: - Firewall: - Signal: - Response: -)
-Manual Control Override: Manual Controls
-Morphing License Plate
-Runflat Tires
-Spoof Chip

Evo Falcon:
Troll mod,
morphing license plate,
spoof chip,
normal smuggling compartment,
amphibious operation level 2
rating 6, pilot 4, autosoft (maneuver, clearsight, defense) 6, gridlink overide
Zyerne
3 of which are mine and 1 of which is essentially single person.

As to role, Val's basically a pilot with some boat skills.
Ramaloke
For Adrian, his role is "Overwhelming Sensor man". He's got enough sensor ware in his head that he should be able to detect nearly everything. He can scan cargo without opening. He's also very lucky, with 7 edge. He's generally supposed to be able to warn the group of anything he detect and then shoot it, through obstacles if need be.
Zyerne
Starting Cash (3d6*50=) 400
Zadaine
Sheet: Asher King aka Coyote

Starting Nuyen multiply result by 50: 750 nY

As for roles, Asher makes deals and sells things. He's not bad with a gun either.
SleepIncarnate
Rifter

Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Rifter is what in the corporate sector would commonly be referred to as Matrix Support. She's also someone who everyone wants to be friends with.
Zyerne
@Chance: Have the characters worked together before? From your initial recruiting post I got the impression they have but wanna confirm.
Chance359
I think it would be for the be best if everyone worked together a time or two before.

Sorry to all about the rough start, I just wanted to get at least a bare bones framework down before the holiday.
Zyerne
No problem. There's just something I wanted to establish and if they'd worked together before, OOC is the best place to do it. If not, I'd do it IC.

Anyway..

As the one providing the vehicles there's 2 things I'd like to ask -

1) That a portion of the pay for each job gets allocated to Val for repair/upgrade/replacement costs. That Tundra 9 wasn't cheap, even at $20k a point.

2) Val sets the rules on what goes on her plane/boat. I'd expect the same if she was working in someone else's vehicle.

Open to discussion on both those, just wanna get them out there.
SleepIncarnate
Threading: Browse (10d6.hits(5)=4) Browsing 4
Resist Fading (4) (12d6.hits(5)=5) No Fading damage taken
Data Search: Location (Gull State Park) (9d6.hits(5)=4) Checking on the location of the park, how likely it is to get there in 3 days on ground, etc.
Chance359
You search results tell you that driving would take just over a day going straight through. 2551 Km traveling down old I-90. Though this time of year you could probably add a couple hours for weather, ect.

Because of the selection of vehicles, I'm doing some editing and putting most of the locations near bodies of water, or I could throw together an NPC ground rigger. I'll let you all decide that.
Zyerne
I'd actually assuned our Spetznaz rigger would be covering ground vehicles. Doesn't seem like he's materialised though.
SleepIncarnate
I can drive ground vehicles.... and machine sprites can drive anything. But my ground vehicle only carries one.
Zyerne
Val can too, but her car is really just a personal commuting vehicle. Gunners and pintle mounts don't look so hot in downtown Seattle smile.gif
Chance359
I know Lurkeroutthere wanted to know about putting a shop in a GMC Bulldog.

I'm going to try and include as many pictures as possible to help with setting the scene.

If anyone want to run the maps on their own, we'll got with Harvey Field in Snohomish WA as a start point.
SleepIncarnate
Is anyone else going to post IC? Also, posted again now that I got my data search info. I know I'm the hacker and this is in the Matrix, but that doesn't mean I have to be the only one in there, even if you're all only watching via AR....
Zyerne
I will be in a moment or two
J. Packer
QUOTE (SleepIncarnate @ Dec 20 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Is anyone else going to post IC? Also, posted again now that I got my data search info. I know I'm the hacker and this is in the Matrix, but that doesn't mean I have to be the only one in there, even if you're all only watching via AR....

What'm I? Chopped liver? smile.gif
SleepIncarnate
Nope, just crazy. Talking to a woman who looks passed out in the meatspace. From the sounds of your posts, you're both looking in via AR..... Rifter is full on VR.
J. Packer
Well, sure, but the Padre only needs the tiniest hint of an audience...
Zyerne
Val will likely be on through text and voice only or whatever the least vertigo inducing method she's found is. She won't be enjoying it.
SleepIncarnate
I repeat, he's nuts. Meanwhile:

Browse: Fish Sellers (9d6.hits(5)=3) 3 hits
Browse: Fish Sellers (8d6.hits(5)=3) 6 hits total
Browse: Fish Sellers (7d6.hits(5)=1) 7 hits total
Browse: Fish Sellers (6d6.hits(5)=2) 9 hits total

If I need more to find us a seller nearby, let me know
Zyerne
I missed JP's post, edited in a reply. Also, "Sam" is what she calls the Agent, in case that's not obvious.
SleepIncarnate
I figured as much, but Rifter's looking to make a profit off of that fish. If there's 7 of us, we need as much of that initial money up front to make a profit, especially with us putting money into vehicles.
Zyerne
Yeah, I'm looking to pull off both jobs to be honest, drop the fish first then the rest.
SleepIncarnate
Both jobs leave Rifter scratching her head. The first one is a lot of money for something that should be relatively quick and easy (but the customer seems to be freaking out), and the other one is so vague it's suspicious.
SleepIncarnate
First Attempt:
Compile Sleuth Sprite (9d6.hits(5)=1)
Resist Compile (5d6.hits(5)=2) It said screw that
Resist Fading (4) (12d6.hits(5)=4) No Fading

Second Attempt:
Compile Sprite (9d6.hits(5)=3)
Resist Compile (5d6.hits(5)=1) 2 net hits
Resist Fading (2) (12d6.hits(5)=1) 1 Stun from Fading

Bonus CF is Decrypt
SleepIncarnate
If the sprite can track her down, I'll be following, leaving a copy of myself in the node here so I can still speak to the others. What's the threshold?

And looking over my stuff now, I'm disappointed in myself. I shortchanged myself some dice in quite a few of the rolls I made earlier, I should've had 2 more dice for both data searching and threading, and 1 extra die rolled for my sleuth sprite. Oh well, things to know for the future, not like they were time sensitive important rolls this time around.
Xiuhaun
Maybe I am a bit naive, but I thought the job board was part of our legitimate employment, and anything else we can move along the way was "our little secret™".

The pallet job affords us a return of 33.3 nuyen.gif per kilo, the fish is 43.75 nuyen.gif per kilo (per extra water/ice), and affords us some additional left over space. If we push the delivery up a day on the fish, we might be able to negotiate a bonus (given that his original deadline is 2 days, but he is giving us 3), but I wouldnt count too heavily on that.

Now, I have no idea what our total cargo space is at this point. Given the short time scale for the fish job, it might be better to look for something nearby our target to fill up and haul back to Seattle... or cargo permitting, finding something else that can be distributed near the drop points of the pallet job on our way out.

If we have 3200KG of cargo space, we might be able to pull both jobs at once, and do our first run completely legit (at least as legit as the corps allow).

As for group background, I would say we've worked for the moving company for varying lengths of time (enough to have heard about the others in the group through the office rumormill) but this would be our first/second/third job we've signed on for together.

The fish job seems more profitable for the space if we can find something else to jam into the cargo hold with us. The pallet job pays more overall but we lose about 1600KG of cargo space for "alternative" deliveries as compared to the fish job. Also, we might end up eating up any profits in the extra distance and time spent with multiple drops. The lack of a final delivery time, however, gives us more time to find extra cargo, even if that is picking up cargo at a drop point and dropping it at the next spot, etc.

(edited per Chance's reply below)
Chance359
I've looked through the Core book and Arsenal and can't find a cargo listing for any vehicle, so GM handwave, so for the Tundra I'll say with a full crew (all players) plus gear, you've got 2200 kg of cargo. Now keep in mind that you will need more weight for whatever you transport the fish in, say equal weight of ice or sea water.

edits made in this color
Zyerne
That's for the Tundra 9? I'll have to revise my earlier post then as that won't take the 4 pallets on their own, which I claimed it would.
J. Packer
Just so I understand - is Samhain interested in transporting goods into, or out of, Seattle?
Chance359
Samhain is interested in you moving goods out of Seattle to Minneapolis. A few small boxes, maybe 50 kg all hermetically sealed.
SleepIncarnate
Analyze (10d6.hits(5)=3) 3 hits, trying to check out the spider/IC, the node itself, and more importantly, the firewall, at a glance. See what she can figure out.
SleepIncarnate
Threading: Browse (12d6.hits(5)=3) Browse 3
Resist Fading (3) (12d6.hits(5)=4) No Fading

Browse: The Outpost (10d6.hits(5)=6) 6 hits!
Browse: The Outpost (9d6.hits(5)=6) 12 hits total!

If I need more than that to dig deeper, lemme know. Awesome rolls.
Chance359
The Outpost is a private access board for "Gentlemen and women of Fortune" (ie Mercs). It's a good place to arrange hirings, logistics for operations, tech developments and a massive brag board. One can only be invited in by a current member.

SleepIncarnate
Editted my IC post based on that info to see what everyone else wants.
SleepIncarnate
Random question I just thought of, and kinda important since we have 2 TMs in the team. Does the +2 to Matrix actions apply to resisting Fading? I've seen GMs go both ways, most say no (and I not been applying it), but nice to know for future reference.
SleepIncarnate
Going back to the topic of vehicles, I spent 2 BP on em having forgotten about the 20k thing, so I have about 33.5k nuyen free for vehicles. If Chance allows, I can go back and retweak my gear (since none has come into play yet) and get us a Bulldog van or something similar.
Chance359
At this point since we've had a few no posts, I'm considering throwing together an NPC truck driver who also works for the company. I know the holidays are everyone's first priority right now.

SleepIncarnate, go ahead and make the changes, we'll see what and who pops up in the next couple of days before seeing if we need to bring them onto the field.

I'm also going to nix the +2 to fading.
SleepIncarnate
That's what I figured, but doesn't hurt to ask. And I'll go with a generic Bulldog Step Van, starting with 1k less starting nuyen (since I had like 1200 left over at creation). So stats on it are:

Handling 0
Acceleration 5/10
Speed 90
Pilot 2
Body 16
Armor 8
Sensor 1

And I'll upgrade it more as we make money, or get us another ground vehicle. It's a delivery van, but I doubt it's going to hold a full team of us plus 400 kilos of fish (adding in another roughly 400 kilos of ice).
Karoline
Sorry all for being so delayed in all this. Between bad weather, finals, and the Holiday's I've been very stretched lately. Going to try and finish up my character sheet, fill out the questionnaire, submit it all to GM, and get a gander at the rather explosive OOC posts and whatever IC posts there are sometime today, because after tomorrow I may not have good access to internet till Mondayish, and then bad weather may extend that a couple days.

Note to self: Invent weather control device.
Chance359
I wonder if weather will affect smuggling in the Sixth world...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012