Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AR, kinda
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
phlapjack77
Looks kinda AR-ish, linguasoft?

http://wimp.com/iphoneapp/

I don't have an iPhone, so I can't test it...
hobgoblin
still waiting for a way to hook some vuzix glasses up to a smartphone so that the camera, display and compass data comes from the vuzix, while the phone provides the computation and net connection. Until then these AR solutions are to clunky.
phlapjack77
Yeah, I agree. Need better imagelink gear smile.gif
Draco18s
Pretty sweet tech though.
I enjoyed watching it bug out and not be able to properly read/translate (which was still within acceptable limits, ie. poor angle, bright reflections, etc.)
KamikazePilot
Comlink 2011

The Near Field Communication sounds kinda subscribe to a node and BAM you get free adverts and all the AR nice stuff smile.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (KamikazePilot @ Dec 23 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Comlink 2011

The Near Field Communication sounds kinda subscribe to a node and BAM you get free adverts and all the AR nice stuff smile.gif

More like the "comlink as credstick" then anything AR.

The latest bluetooth spec have something in it that makes me think SR local area AR feeds. A bluetooth radio can be set to broadcast data that other devices can pick up within range, be it 1 meter or 100 meters.
phlapjack77
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 23 2010, 11:54 PM) *
More like the "comlink as credstick" then anything AR.

The latest bluetooth spec have something in it that makes me think SR local area AR feeds. A bluetooth radio can be set to broadcast data that other devices can pick up within range, be it 1 meter or 100 meters.

now THAT sounds really cool. Love to set something like that up at my desk at work smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012