Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPC Black Ops Teams
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SamVDW
Shadowrunner PCs often go up against megacorp black ops teams. If the runners end up killing the black ops team, they often will loot them for goodies. Combat gear aside, what would a megacorp black ops team carry with them?

They might have gear to accomplish their missions, such as backpacks, lights, restraints, etc. They may OR may not be wearing a uniform that identifies their corporation. If they were in their own corporate zone, I could see them wearing a uniform with a corporate logo and look. If they weren't on their own turf, I'd see them most likely wearing non-identifiable gear. They most likely would not carry identification (some id marks may be found inside a vehicle carrying them). Most of them would not likely be carrying credsticks or money of any kind (unless they felt it would be required at some point). They probably would have comms to speak to each other, but not comms that have any other non-essential information on them.

What do you think? What non-combat gear might they have on them?
toturi
QUOTE (SamVDW @ Dec 26 2010, 09:37 AM) *

An emotitoy.
KamikazePilot
QUOTE (SamVDW @ Dec 26 2010, 12:37 PM) *
Shadowrunner PCs often go up against megacorp black ops teams. If the runners end up killing the black ops team, they often will loot them for goodies. Combat gear aside, what would a megacorp black ops team carry with them?

They might have gear to accomplish their missions, such as backpacks, lights, restraints, etc. They may OR may not be wearing a uniform that identifies their corporation. If they were in their own corporate zone, I could see them wearing a uniform with a corporate logo and look. If they weren't on their own turf, I'd see them most likely wearing non-identifiable gear. They most likely would not carry identification (some id marks may be found inside a vehicle carrying them). Most of them would not likely be carrying credsticks or money of any kind (unless they felt it would be required at some point). They probably would have comms to speak to each other, but not comms that have any other non-essential information on them.

depends on the logistics involved.

Onsite BlackOps would only have the gear necessary for the problem at hand. So if they REACT to a incursion they would just have the armour and weapons and maybe coms with subvocal mics and RFIDs the leader would have a comlink with the team PANs linked to it so he/she can track the team and give orders.
i wouldnt give any other gear since its an onsite team.

Offsite team would depend on the method of incursion and also the logitics support nearby.
If its a deep behind enemy lines kind of incursion then they will be fully loaded, backpacks, rations for a week maybe (depends on mission), survival equipment, duty special equipmetn for each member etc etc.
if they have support nearby i would treat it sa onsite with maybe some extra breaching gear and infiltration tool.
all else would be in the truck/cars.
Ascalaphus
An active BlackOps team will never have company ID or uniform; because they're doing something their boss wants to be able to deny involvement in. Hand in your dogtags before starting the mission.

Of course, uniforms and ID relating to a cover identity is another matter.

In fact, gear should be a combination of A) stuff needed for the mission, B) stuff needed for the cover identity (or identities).

Travel light; lots of frivolities will only slow you down.

Typical stuff from A:
* Disguise
* Infiltration gear, such as lockpickers and maglock passkeys
* Terrain/Climbing gear
* Vehicles
* (Combat gear)
* First Aid gear (perhaps with exotic antitoxins etc.)
* Communication gear
* Observation/Sensor gear
* Crime Scene Cleanup gear
* Hacking gear

Typical stuff from B:
* Job tools
* Job uniforms
* Fake IDs, job papers, location access papers etc.
* Skillsofts, Knowsofts relating to the cover identitiy
SamVDW
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Dec 26 2010, 07:33 PM) *
An active BlackOps team will never have company ID or uniform; because they're doing something their boss wants to be able to deny involvement in. Hand in your dogtags before starting the mission.

Of course, uniforms and ID relating to a cover identity is another matter.

In fact, gear should be a combination of A) stuff needed for the mission, B) stuff needed for the cover identity (or identities).

Travel light; lots of frivolities will only slow you down.

Typical stuff from A:
* Disguise
* Infiltration gear, such as lockpickers and maglock passkeys
* Terrain/Climbing gear
* Vehicles
* (Combat gear)
* First Aid gear (perhaps with exotic antitoxins etc.)
* Communication gear
* Observation/Sensor gear
* Crime Scene Cleanup gear
* Hacking gear

Typical stuff from B:
* Job tools
* Job uniforms
* Fake IDs, job papers, location access papers etc.
* Skillsofts, Knowsofts relating to the cover identitiy

Well said, I think that is what I was looking for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012