Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: redmond & snohomish
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
Okay, first off i apologize for the capitalization problem; i'm posting from a phone with issues in that regard.
I'm about to run a campaign starting in snohomish and moving south into redmond (kingsgate at first, in the far north). where should i look (rulebooks, novels) for information on the area? i know about the map thread, but i need detailed area descriptions and info on local color (gangs, syndicates, everything). thanks in advance, and happy new year! (to gregorian calendar users not from a culture with a different referent nyahnyah.gif)
Ascalaphus
Well, Seattle 2072 would be the most recent book handling that area...
InfinityzeN
Any of the Seattle source books will give you good info. Also, the area is actually pretty close to how it is real life so looking at Google Maps and local tourist information will give you some ideas. All the major roads are the same and the major facilities are still there. Boeing is still on the same campus too.
Tyro
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 2 2011, 12:23 PM) *
Any of the Seattle source books will give you good info. Also, the area is actually pretty close to how it is real life so looking at Google Maps and local tourist information will give you some ideas. All the major roads are the same and the major facilities are still there. Boeing is still on the same campus too.
That helps - i grew up in redmond, about 2-5 minutes from the main microsoft campus. what about books like vice? what novels handle the area?
InfinityzeN
Vice has bits and pieces for the Seattle area, along with lots of general stuff that can be applied for the seedy side of things. As for the novels, a lot of them are set in Seattle.
Neraph
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Jan 2 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Well, Seattle 2072 would be the most recent book handling that area...

I agree. I looked over it briefly and it has a whole section on Redmond and a different section on Snohomish.
Tyro
Unfortunately, I've yet to find a novel wshich focuses on Redmond.
Neraph
Unfortunately, I've yet to find a novel.
Ascalaphus
Very briefly: Redmond totally tanked after the big computer crash of 2029 and became the Redmond Barrens. It's a huge slum with lots of gangs. Also, a nuclear power plant had a meltdown and a plane crashed on a maximum security prison, releasing most of the inmates.

Snohomish: I think it hasn't changed too much since the present.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012