Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Optimising an AI rigger
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Azrael

Our group has long ignored the rigger matrix side of the game, but with our current campaign we thought we might grow up and give it a go, and it hasn't resulted in us disappearing in a puff of logic.

To that end, I have a character concept I want to give crack - AI rigger.

From reading up, it would seem that getting all 4 mental attributes up to 5 should be a given, seeing as they tie into free programs, matrix attributes etc. Between that and the racial BP cost I would already be just shy of 300 BP spent.

Given a train of logic I have is AI emerged in a military drone > likely that he has some active skills analogous to the auto softs / programs that he had as a drone > should get gunnery, infiltration, electronics group, hacking group, perception, I think if I carry as I am I will be spread far too thin.

So, an open question to the rules-fu masters out there - any optimization tips for an AI rigger with secondary hacker capabilities?

Udoshi
Exceptional Attribute may be interesting, becaues it opens the door to a rating 7AI (ai rating is the average of mental attributes, round up, not round half up)

If you want to Rig, you're going to need the Piloting Origin quality.

Also, you may want to steal some of neraph's ideas. And the rest of the thread in general
Makki
with Piloting Origin you effectively get Skill Wires. get pirated drone autosofts, they are very cheap and you may use them as if they were your own skills.
Azrael

Neraph's rules-Fu is strong...

Thanks guys.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012