Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summoning
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Grinder
Situation: a human mage with no vision enhancement is onboard a ship. It's in the middle of the night and raining heavily. GM applies a -4 modifier to all actions due to the darkness and bad weather. Does it apply to summong too?
Aerospider
Vision, no.

Bad weather, I'd say yes if it is physically disruptive (mist no, gale yes).
CeeJay
I would say "No", since you don't need LOS or even sight in general to summon a spirit.

Just don't try to summon a spirit of fire under these conditions smile.gif

-CJ
Grinder
The mage had a bound spirit of fire which he unleashed on the enemies. Didn't last long. grinbig.gif
Thanee
I would also not count vision modifiers, unless they are actually distracting.

You should be able to summon with closed eyes. wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Jan 12 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Bad weather, I'd say yes if it is physically disruptive (mist no, gale yes).

What he said smile.gif

I'd ask the GM to break out what each part of the -4 is actually from. Rain, rolling of the ship in the water, those I could see affecting everything involving some kind of action, including summoning.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Grinder @ Jan 12 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Situation: a human mage with no vision enhancement is onboard a ship. It's in the middle of the night and raining heavily. GM applies a -4 modifier to all actions due to the darkness and bad weather. Does it apply to summong too?

Even if it would apply, the mage could still project and summon the spirit from the astral plane.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jan 12 2011, 08:08 AM) *
Even if it would apply,
... and vision modifiers shouldn't, though being tossed around in a stateroom at sea could...

the mage could still project and summon the spirit from the astral plane.

Exactly.
Yerameyahu
Replace 'could' with 'would be required to'. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012