Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2011 Sell Sheets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Sell Sheets

Runners Toolkit, Attitude, Spy Games, Conspiracy Theories, Dawn Of The Artifacts 4, A Fist Full Of Credsticks, Artifacts Unbound and Corporate Intrigue.

Lot's of new format in upcoming material. Plot seeds and city + crunch books.
hermit
Plot seeds labeled as campaign books. Right.
Prime Mover
*Bites Tongue*
hermit
Oh, speak your mind ...

But while we're at it, the pdf only releases are curiously absent.
Prime Mover
On a positive note the new missions are a notch up in layout and art. nyahnyah.gif
hermit
Is the first mission a free download?
CanRay
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *
But while we're at it, the pdf only releases are curiously absent.

That's because the site is Sell Sheets for Mortar and Brick storefronts. Not for Online PDF Sites.

At least, that's how I'm reading the design of the site and the PDFs. "Print these out and make your customers drool over what cool drek we have coming down the pipeline!"-type thing.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 18 2011, 11:08 AM) *
Is the first mission a free download?

No mission up for sale at $3.95 on Drivethru.
Bull
Yeah, Sell Sheets are designed for Game Store owners, to give them a listing of the products coming down the pip for their shelves.

I plan to have a full list of upcoming Missions soonish... The MIssions website is in need of an overhaul, and that's part of that project.

As for Missions 04-00 Back in Business, it was originally planned to be released as a freebie, similar to 03-00. Due to the costs with putting Missions together though (Full color art, maps, and layout, writing, editing and proofing, etc), it was determined at the last minute that releasing it for free was, sadly, unfeasible. We're updating the FAQ to alleviate future confusion of this, and you all have my apologies about this. I was really hoping we could push it out for free.

Bull

CanRay
Wait, the FAQ is being updated?

Might we also see Errata? *Looks Hopeful*
Bull
The Missions FAQ, that is. I have a little control over that. The main SR4 stuff, not so much (Though Jason mentions in this thread on SR4.com that he's getting new procedures together to work on that, and a number of the freelancers have expressed interest in helping with this, it's just not a quick thing to fix).

Bull
Starglyte
I like what I am seeing in the pipeline so far. What will the renegotiation of the Treaty of Denver bring? An independent Seattle? Unified Texas? New nations? Looking forward to that and London.
hermit
Procedures that weren't in place before? Having read the text, the impression is that before everything flew in your collective faces at CGL was: 1) get product out, 2) see if you can get awaqy with bad quality, 3) postphone errata and pretend setting up errata is some herculean task. All the while some peopel are being defensive about this. Is it so hard to say "mistakes were made. We fucked up. SORRY. We will do better. In the meantime, errata." You (the collective CGL you, not the Bull the Missions man you) expect infinte patience from customers and goodwill and seem puzzled that you don't get it. Where are updates to pdfs we were ocne promised? I wasn't notified for any. Ever.

On a less hostile side note, the new missions look pretty good, art and layout and all (and whilte the sample has some strange issues, it has less obviously glaring issues as war's had). However, it's a bit of a downer that the first mission isn't free anymore. Did that not work as an enticement to get people to play and pay for missions?
Bull
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 18 2011, 02:49 PM) *
On a less hostile side note, the new missions look pretty good, art and layout and all (and whilte the sample has some strange issues, it has less obviously glaring issues as war's had). However, it's a bit of a downer that the first mission isn't free anymore. Did that not work as an enticement to get people to play and pay for missions?

What issues? I'm interested in anything we can tweak to make the product better.

Other than that... I'm not really sure. That's Marketing. But the thing to keep in mind with Season 3 was that it was coming off of two fully free seasons, as Missions transitioned from a fan run production to something that was more professional, and we've only continued to increase the amount of time and effort that goes into Missions. Brent Evans, CGL's art director is also acting as Missions Art Director. We've gotten some fantastic art from AAS, and we have a new artist, Ian King, who we've been developing as our Cover Artist (He was originally slated to do the cover for 04-00, but we liked AAS's Mercurial piece so much we decided to use it and bump Ian's piece to another adventure). We have Patrick "Squinky" Sullivan doing maps for us now (His map of the Lordstrungs entrance section of the Ork Underground is amazingly cool and amusing). We also have three regular proofers who are checking the adventures for me so that we catch errors before they go out (Jeremy Weyand, Jean-Marc Comeau, and A.A.Salat, aka Mesh here on the boards). My team is putting a ton of time and effort into Missions to make it something that's far more than just a "living campaign run at conventions". We're working closer and closer with the main SR line, incorporating storylines from the books (The Underground plot spun out of some of the stuff in Seattle 2072, and the Artifact plotline ties into DotA), and Missions will hopefully impact future products as well.

I'm babbling, sorry. Been in Missions chatter mode all day (and I should be writing and doing dev notes on a Mission! smile.gif)... Long story short, the price change for 00 was out of my hands and made because of the time and costs that have gone into the adventure. I'd have liked to offer the "first hit for free", but I understand the reasoning involved, and think the product is strong enough that it's well worth the $3.95 price tag.

Bull
sabs
Considering how much we used to pay for D&D Adventures back in the day. $4 isn't really that much money.
Bull
Considering that it had been previously announced that SRM 04-00 would be free, it's understandable that a few folks would be upset, though. All I can do though is explain things and hope that the explanation and the quality of the product speak are enough.

Bull
sabs
Sadly, I've never bought an adventure book in my 20+ years of playing RPG's. In any system. (except MAYBE the temple of elemental evil. I think I did buy that one.). So I'm totally not the target audience :0
hermit
What issues? I'm interested in anything we can tweak to make the product better.

There ya go. All are relatively minor, compared to other recent releases. Some are nitpicks. Put them in anyway.

[ Spoiler ]
sabs
The Last one is a Language Issue Hermit.

There is a large crowd in front of the building, because they are looking at the ARO display.

The ARO Display, explains why the crowd is there.

That sentence is perfectly legal English.

hermit
Okay. Was unsure there (shouldn't it be explains to the crowd?).
sabs
no no no

explains to the crowd means that the ARO is displaying something that's explaining /something/ to the crowd.

The ARO display explains the crowd. Literally means The crowd is there because of the ARO display.
Doc Chase
QUOTE (sabs @ Jan 18 2011, 10:22 PM) *
The Last one is a Language Issue Hermit.

There is a large crowd in front of the building, because they are looking at the ARO display.

The ARO Display, explains why the crowd is there.

That sentence is perfectly legal English.

Legal, but unwieldy all the same. Some additional detail on the ARO would be a decent fix to it.

Example: A neon ARO advertising 'Buy Tickets Here!' explains the presence of the crowd.

Kid Chameleon
[ Spoiler ]
hermit
[ Spoiler ]
BookWyrm
Interesting, but I would have to actually LOOK at the the contents of Runner's Toolkit before making a final purchasing call.
Bull
Just a note, Hermit (and Others), I'm going to take the Missions conversation over to the Missions board. smile.gif

Bull
hermit
Okay. Shall I repost my criticisms?
Bull
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 18 2011, 06:36 PM) *
Okay. Shall I repost my criticisms?

Nahh, I cut n' pasted. Just give me a bit to work up replies. (I'm also multi-tasking a bit, chatting on AIM and trying to knock out emails, so... smile.gif)

Bull
TeknoDragon
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 18 2011, 11:47 AM) *
Yeah, Sell Sheets are designed for Game Store owners, to give them a listing of the products coming down the pip for their shelves.

I plan to have a full list of upcoming Missions soonish... The MIssions website is in need of an overhaul, and that's part of that project.

As for Missions 04-00 Back in Business, it was originally planned to be released as a freebie, similar to 03-00. Due to the costs with putting Missions together though (Full color art, maps, and layout, writing, editing and proofing, etc), it was determined at the last minute that releasing it for free was, sadly, unfeasible. We're updating the FAQ to alleviate future confusion of this, and you all have my apologies about this. I was really hoping we could push it out for free.

Bull

I should note that the portion that is available free was plenty to make me really, really want to play. In a way, its a good thing it cuts off where it does, as otherwise I'd have wound up spoiling the plot for me. Heh, I hadn't realized that the VU93 had a presence in meat-space...
hermit
QUOTE (Bull @ Jan 19 2011, 12:39 AM) *
Nahh, I cut n' pasted. Just give me a bit to work up replies. (I'm also multi-tasking a bit, chatting on AIM and trying to knock out emails, so... smile.gif)

Bull

Oops. Already did. Ah well.
Bull
QUOTE (TeknoDragon @ Jan 18 2011, 06:42 PM) *
I should note that the portion that is available free was plenty to make me really, really want to play. In a way, its a good thing it cuts off where it does, as otherwise I'd have wound up spoiling the plot for me. Heh, I hadn't realized that the VU93 had a presence in meat-space...

I'm using VUW93 as a kind of "In game ShadowTalk" section for Missions. And we'll be dropping hints and game threads in tehre from time to time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012