Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternate Settings/Campaigns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bushw4cker
I've been thinking about doing a 2065 campaign in the midst of Crash 2.0, any thoughts, comments or ideas? I'm also curious about alternate settings other GMs have used.
Thanks )
zeborazor
I've been interested in a Texas setting tbh. To lazy to put the work into it though.
sabs
A friend and I have been toying with an updated Quebec Setting.
Nyost Akasuke
I always thought a Zurich Orbital setting might be interesting, especially if you bring the Mage along. Don't know if any of the current books have enough info on the place to start one though.
Mardrax
In a purely orbital campaign, the mage would have wasted 15 perfectly good BP on a useless quality. It would put a hold on all those (Mystical) Adept builds that proliferate nowadays. Then again, would an SR without magic be SR?

I haven't been playing much different settings than touring Europe, with the UNL as a base of operations lately. It's a fairly interesting area, and I don't think I'll run out of inspiration soon.
That said, I think an African campaign could be interesting indeed, considering the lack of stuff we actually know about the continent anno 2073.

Nyost Akasuke
I meant in the sense of exploring how a mage would cope with that sort of thing. Not necessarily a ''purely'' orbital campaign.. just a run that requires the 'runners to head out to space for whatever reason. Maybe for a few weeks or something.. and see if the mage can't find a way to make himself useful somehow (probably off knowledge skills)
Ascalaphus
Well, a mage typically has upwards of 100BP invested in stuff that is useless in space. And Knowledge: Occult Stuff really isn't going to be something that makes up for it.

In a normal campaign, if there's a space adventure, I'd tell the Magic players to bring different characters for that adventure, as "Consultants". The nice thing about Shadowrun's criminal-for-hire is that it's easy to justify temporary additions to the team.
SpellBinder
Yeah, being in at best a rating 7 void in an orbital campaign is really gonna hurt most any magical character. Even trying to assense in such a void can lead to insanity or even death (Arsenal, page 167).
Doc Byte
I believe "alternate settings" means "other than runners" not "other places to run".

'65's in the midst of the Crash 2.0. I can easily imagine a team of runners taking advantage of the chaos, grabbing what they can, fake some documents (maybe having some runs to place them right) and deal with some influential individuals or organisations (maybe doing them the one or other favour / run) and end up as made men with some sort of legal basis or business.
Bushw4cker
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jan 19 2011, 01:46 AM) *
I believe "alternate settings" means "other than runners" not "other places to run".

'65's in the midst of the Crash 2.0. I can easily imagine a team of runners taking advantage of the chaos, grabbing what they can, fake some documents (maybe having some runs to place them right) and deal with some influential individuals or organisations (maybe doing them the one or other favour / run) and end up as made men with some sort of legal basis or business.

Yeah, thanks Doc )
Zibik
While not strictly "other than runners"... I have in my files a mostly converted setting and campaign for E.E. Knight's Vampire Earth series I really want to run at some point. Only instead of it being the time line of the books I want to run my take on the settings backstory invasion of the BBEGs to earth and them taking over. I think the idea of a group of runners reacting to the SHTF scenario, trying to scrounge gear / stuff to survive, fight the crazy and sometimes overwhelming odds, and then helping to build a resistance would make for a fun as hell series.

I like the idea of a Doc Wagon HTR Team during one of the major events of the SR timeline, such as the Arcology shutdown, Crash 2.0, etc. But I haven't hashed much of it out

I'd also love to steal pretty much whole cloth from Delta Green and create some sort of government agency / military group that deals with shit like the sixth world's big McNastys.

Nyost Akasuke
QUOTE (Zibik @ Jan 18 2011, 08:10 PM) *
I'd also love to steal pretty much whole cloth from Delta Green and create some sort of government agency / military group that deals with shit like the sixth world's big McNastys.

Like a free F10 Great Form Blood Radiation Spirit?
Zibik
QUOTE (Nyost Akasuke @ Jan 18 2011, 10:20 PM) *
Like a free F10 Great Form Blood Radiation Spirit?

I was thinking more along the lines of horrors and corporate lawyers, but yeah that works too. smile.gif
Nyost Akasuke
F10 Great Form Blood Radiation Spirit with Possession? ;D

I'd be interested to see such a spirit, maybe F15 or so.. fight against a Great Dragon. Granted I don't want to crunch any numbers, but I assume the dragon would win.

Sorry, off-topic.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012