Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to operate your shock frills
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Red-ROM
I was wondering where the "trigger" for shock frills are located. how do you activate them?
rofltehcat
Realistically I'd say they are activated over skin link.

But I'm sure based on all the other tech they are actually wireless-based... for whatever reason.
Fatum
I'd say that they are hooked up to your nervous system, just like cyberlimbs or cybereyes.
Teryon
It more likely depends on the nature of the character. Those that arent cybered probably have it via wireless. Those who arent cybered or *stupid* have it over skinlink. Cybered characters would have it jacked into their system like everything else.

The truly paranoid have it set on automatic defense, anything within X parameters automatically gets the shit fried out of it. Ok, sure, you end up zapping alot of bugs. But who likes being bit my mosquitoes anyway?
Seth
I'd say that they are hooked up to your nervous system, just like cyberlimbs or cybereyes.

Shock frills are clothing. To be wired into your nervous system you would need some wires, and I suspect it would be unconfortable.

I'd suggest you get to pick: "Which option would Madam prefer: voice activated, button, wirefi, or for the security concious a data jack"

Manunancy
In my opinion you turn them on/off with whatever kind of command you have installed (a switch on your clothes, a wireles command.. whatever you feel like). Once thy're turned on, anything that touches them gets zapped. Same as why grabbing an active taser nightstick by the business end is a bad idea...
whatevs
Pg326 SR4A - Combined with a wireless link, you can set your clothing to display messages and images from a library file on your commlink, change color according to the weather forecast, or even glow brighter when in the vicinity of more commlinks.

Pg327 SR4A - Shock Frills: These strips of “fur” are electrically charged when activated, standing on end and inflicting Electricity damage (p. 163) to anyone that comes into contact.

Looks like the precedent is set here to have your commlink control clothes via wireless. I'd imagine shock frills are activated in the same manner, then discharged on contact when active. Suppose that means a skinlink would work by proxy.
Saint Sithney
It does seem like you should be able to operate Frills without getting your PAN involved.

A band on the bicep that you flex taught to active them? But then I suppose you're going to scorch your gun's 'tronics every time you fire it.
Seth
A band on the bicep that you flex taught to active them?

Just read Snowcrash. YT activates them by voice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012