Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you help me out? Away from books.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Maelstrome
in forth edition one of the players claims to have a hmhvv mutation that only changes one arm and gives him essence drain. ive never heard of such a thing and i dont have the books and he claims to not remember what book its from. something just seems off on this. can you help me out.
Brazilian_Shinobi
He is a cheating munchkin. Get him!
Seriously, the only books that talk about HMHVV is Runner's Companion and Running Wild. None of them talks about HMHVV mutation that infects only an arm
Maelstrome
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Jan 26 2011, 12:41 AM) *
He is a cheating munchkin. Get him!
Seriously, the only books that talk about HMHVV is Runner's Companion and Running Wild. None of them talks about HMHVV mutation that infects only an arm

im trying to get a hold of a copy of runners companion atleast. i sold all my books.

could you post the paragraph on hmhvv 2 from runners companion? i would appreciate it.
Maelstrome
i got my old gms runners companion augmentation and running wild. the guy now says its somewhere in aug. i want to call shenanagins but im wanting to see how this plays out. anybody know if they are hmhvv esque genewares
Brazilian_Shinobi
there is nothing in Augmentation about this.
There is rules for cyborgs, cybermancy and biodrones, nothing about mutated HMHVV that infects only an arm.
Yes, you may call shenanigans.

Just for curiosity, is this person a member of this forum too?
Maelstrome
QUOTE (Brazilian_Shinobi @ Jan 26 2011, 01:11 AM) *
there is nothing in Augmentation about this.
There is rules for cyborgs, cybermancy and biodrones, nothing about mutated HMHVV that infects only an arm.
Yes, you may call shenanigans.

Just for curiosity, is this person a member of this forum too?

if they are im not aware of it. if they are i hope they read this. though they may be a member of the official sr4 board.

we have no looked through all of runners companion and augmentations and are now going back to the core book.
Yerameyahu
That is just hilarious. smile.gif
Maelstrome
it kind of is isnt it. but its also a bit sad when people want to cheat at a cooperative game.

im just wanting them to come clean at the moment entertaining the idea that they are telling the truth.
Yerameyahu
Sorry, it's just incredibly brazen, that's all. It *is* possible that they're honestly mistaken, if that helps.

My personal response would be simply, 'no Essence Drain, whatever the source', although it obviously depends on your game. smile.gif
Maelstrome
they came out and said it was made up. they just wanted some vampire powers without the drawbacks.

edit : shinobi called it.
Neraph
Oh. Well I was about to say that you can tell them that the authority on HMHVV in Shadowrun 4th Ed says that he was making things up, but it looks like he 'fessed up.
Brazilian_Shinobi
LOL. The things people do...
Tiralee
...Player character with essence drain?

<Take a deep breath, and let it all flow out, propelled by the diaphragm.>>
"FINISH! HIM!"

..and explain, politely, that you've been unable to find any reference to it, so he's not got that ability.

Or remind him that the Pale Master class for Wizards is a Prestige class and up to you as the DM to rule upon.
Then have a go-ganger shoot his d4 ass and loot his robes.

-Tir
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012