Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hmong shamanic tradition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Megu
I was inspired by the Pharaonic tradition thread to post what I've been using as the Hmong shamanic tradition for my Hmong-influenced Minneapolis-St. Paul homebrew setting. Feel free to take a look. It's a couple pages of lore and details on top of the actual selections.

http://rapidshare.com/files/445757168/SRHmongTradition.pdf

Those selections, for those who want to skip to the crunch:

Materialization
Will+Cha
Combat: Guardian
Detection: Air
Health: Guidance
Illusion: Beast
Manipulation: Task
Megu
Forgot bibliography. Fuck it, I'll add it in the morning to the thread.
Tech_Rat
Just make sure no one scares the Hmong, otherwise that person has to catch the scared person's soul. wink.gif
Game2BHappy
Looks well thought out and I'm glad to see its similarities to the Shamanic tradition.
Megu
QUOTE (Adrian Korvedzk @ Feb 2 2011, 12:23 PM) *
Just make sure no one scares the Hmong, otherwise that person has to catch the scared person's soul. wink.gif

Okay, I lol'd at this a bit. Someone else has been studying, hehe.

Some sources:

Bender, Mark (trans). 2006. Butterfly Mother: Miao (Hmong) Creation Epics from Guizhou, China. Hackett Publishing: Indianapolis.

Cha, Dia, and Livo, Norma J. 1991. Folk Stories of the Hmong: Peoples of Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. Libraries Unlimited, Inc: Englewood, CO.

Cooper, Robert. 2008. The Hmong: A guide to traditional life. Lao-Insight Books: Vientiane.

Tapp, Nicholas. 1989. Hmong Religion. In Asian Folklore Studies 48:1, 59-94, Nanzan Institute for Religion and Culture.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012