Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ally Spirit Creator
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dashifen
Hello! As some of you are aware, I've been working on the Dashifen Character Record System for a few months now. I've just added an Ally Spirit generator to the system and I thought that more than just the people who have been using the system might be interested in it. It requires the latest version of Macromedia's Flash Player which is free to download. Check it out, but if you do, try to reply to the thread for the DCRS in the Community Projects thread. That's what I'll be watch more than this thread for bugs etc.

Not sure how long it will take to download over a modem, so if someon could let me know I'd appreciate it.

Thanks all and enjoy!
Zazen
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Not sure how long it will take to download over a modem, so if someon could let me know I'd appreciate it.

Took me three or four minutes. It's pretty cool, I like it.
spotlite
yup. S'good.
Dashifen
QUOTE (Zazen)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Mar 19 2004, 01:50 PM)

Took me three or four minutes. It's pretty cool, I like it.

Damn ... I didn't think it would be that long. Hrm .... time to stick a preloader on that puppy ... Thanks Zazen.
Diesel
Sweet.
Lilt
Sweet. I applaud you again Dashifen. As per usual I have some bugs/improvements though smile.gif
1: If reaction is calculated as a character's then the astral reaction should be equal to intelligence
2: There is no way to add the random free spell (well, you can apply it but it adds to the karma cost). I would suggest allowing the user just to enter one free spell rather than attempting to randomise from a list as A: it's less work and B: not all GMs impose the random choice (like yours truly).
Dashifen
Actually, I just forgot the random free spell. Whoops! This list is to buy other spells with karma. I was going to add a seperate field for the random free spell and then assume that the person creating the spirit would accurately chose it.

As for #1 ... damnit smile.gif
Zazen
QUOTE (Dashifen)
Damn ... I didn't think it would be that long. Hrm .... time to stick a preloader on that puppy ... Thanks Zazen.

I should've mentioned that I'm on a 28.8, not 56k, so it's probably not as bad as you think. smile.gif
Dashifen
QUOTE (Zazen)
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Mar 19 2004, 06:08 PM)
Damn ... I didn't think it would be that long.  Hrm .... time to stick a preloader on that puppy ...  Thanks Zazen.

I should've mentioned that I'm on a 28.8, not 56k, so it's probably not as bad as you think. smile.gif

Ah ... that explains some of it. Still worse than I would have expected. I threw a preloaded onto it, but I'm on a broadband, so I don't even see it. I think its working, though, otherwise it wouldn't let you go onto the rest of the generator.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012